Daniel Caesar

By lamrou - November 29, 2017

Daniel Caesar was the artist I never thought I needed until my friend asked if I wanted to go to his concert. Even without knowing who he was, I agreed because I love going to concerts and I definitely need to go to shows that aren't rock/alternative (which are literally the majority of the shows I go to). I trust my friend so I was down for the concert and I knew I’d like whatever we were going to. I played myself though because I didn't prepare for the show at all by not listening to all the songs & memorizing the words. I also didn’t check out the opener or learn their stuff but to be fair, it's been a while since I've seen a show. 

Snoh Aalegra was the opener & I so badly wish I knew her songs because she was beyond amazing & blew us all away with her voice. Her style, her outfit, her stage setup, her band, everything was just top notch shit. When we were waiting in line, we were looking at all the merch & as soon as we saw her Feels sweater, we knew we had to have it. That's the only merch I got but my friend also got a Freudian hat which was made out of a nice denim fabric. After hearing Snoh play, I knew I had to download her album & EP as soon as I got home & have that shit on repeat.





Then Daniel Caesar came on & the crowd was wild & ready. I knew the majority of the songs but not all the words to it, but best believe I still jammed the fuck out during all of them. He came into the crowd twice & everyone flocked so quick to touch up on him. I just stood next to him & jammed while taking pictures. When he played We Find Love & Get You, I lost it & went in. Those are my absolute favourite songs from his album Freudian. The concert as a whole was vibing & I can't wait until the next time I get to see him live again. Also at one point when he was singing, he was staring into my eyes & I just forgot whatever lyrics I was singing and died laughing.


After going to so many different shows, I’ve learned that being in the moment is the best way to enjoy the concert. I know you wanna get your snapchats, insta stories, and pictures but I feel like once you got the key moments just put your phone away and jam - feel the music.













till next time

xoxo

lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments