Lauv

By lamrou - February 17, 2018

Lauv is a random artist I found on Soundcloud & one a pulled a HUGE mission for; I drove all the way to Vermont (3 hour drive), saw the show, drove back home, dropped my friends off, changed & went straight to work. I worked just for 4 hours but was up for almost 24 hours & have no idea how I was functioning. Nevertheless, the show was definitely worth it & I found out he is playing at Bluesfest so I'm definitely excited to see him again.




Ashe was his opener & I need to get back on listening to openers before I get to the show because they are ALWAYS amazing & I stay missing out. Ashe is so happy & has an infectious stage presence; she's making up her own dance moves & her faces omg I was loving it & wanted to be up there with her. I can't even recommend you any songs because I still have to listen to her shit & find my favs but I'll show it on my insta stories when I do.



I have been listening to Lauv for I wanna say 3 years  & have his ep, Lost in the Light, which has 5 songs that I have been listening to & know all the words to. The tracks are: The Other , Comfortable, Adrenaline, Reforget & Come Back Home. He played all of them, including others at his show and what made it so much more lit was that he knew how to get a crowd moving. He had us all jamming, jumping & just enjoying the shit out of the show. I always wonder how artists make their slower music fun & bumping at a show & he effortlessly showed us how.




The show was amazing! I jammed & got some AH-MAZING pictures on my iPhone 8 plus with the portrait feature. He also has this box which he calls "my blue thoughts", where he allows everyone to write something & throw it in. So after the show & while tryina get the guy's attention to buy merch we wrote a little something & put it in. I wanted the shirts I saw on Instagram but they had no more of them & then the blue boy shirts sold out as we were trying to get one so I just got a blue girl one in XL which is the perfect size & I love it. He takes pictures at the end of his shows & I just made it; I'm the black girl in the corner in blue & black.





My favourite tracks by him would have to be:


First show of the year has been successful & I am ready for the next one in a few weeks to see one of my favs, DVSN.




till next time


xoxo


lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments