BodiesbyPhil

By lamrou - August 22, 2017

Just like that, a month of BodiesbyPhil has come to an end & I'm on the hunt for a new place to workout that I will love as much as I love BBP. It's so weird to think that I don't need to pack my shoes at all this week. It's sad that it's over but I'm ready for a break & to get my life back into order & on a schedule for the fall. My next goal is looking to probably be yoga at Elevate Yoga, hopefully 3-4 times a week as well as BBP once a week because I'm too invested to stop now.


It all started with me finding his page on Instagram & then creeping it for the longest time wishing I could go but was hella intimidated & was pretty busy so I convinced myself I wouldn't have time to work out (that clearly was a lie thou because I made it work while being the busiest I've ever been).

Social media is a pretty cool thing that exists nowadays because I was just waiting for the right time to sign up & it was beyond perfect when I saw that he was offering a free beginner class to know what they would be getting into if they were interested in joining. I signed up to that so quick; I think I might have been the first person to sign up. After signing up he was offering us a nice deal to join that day if we wanted more and to do a trial month. It was such a good workout & I think I convinced myself that if I didn't sign up that day then I would never get back into working out. So I went for it & am hella glad I did.

The classes weren't as intimating as I thought it would be because everyone was super nice & helpful when I'd ask them what we were supposed to do again. Phil wasn't as much of a crazy drill sergeant as I'd thought he'd be either.

The classes are 45 minutes and you don't know what's going on until you get there so you don't even have time to mentally prepare yourself which is probably better because then you just have to do it. Some of the classes I remember doing are super sets, circuits, every minute to the minute alongside some other forms of torture. There are always different stations and you go to whichever station you would like to work at first and then switch usually after a certain amount of time. Before class starts, Phil goes through each station and what you have to do there, as well as which weights you should be using (there is usually a range), if you need a band (the best & worst thing to use in a workout) & how many reps you do of each exercise. Then there is a warm up & then right into the workout.

I don't think I ever left a class sweaty af, struggling to walk down the stairs & in need of so much water. Literally the best place I've ever gotten a good workout out where I'm getting corrected on my form, and supported when I need it. If you are struggling to do the amount of reps or using the weights you have, you are allowed to decrease the weights and/or reps. It's a place to help you get a good workout that you are benefiting from while pushing yourself at the same time, but at the end of the day you know how much you can handle & Phil is here to help you through that.

If I still haven't convinced you to check out this studio, you need to add him on Instagram & watch his stories, check out his posts & the transformations he's done. He almost always has a story so you can get an insight to what goes on here as well as get motivated af. Also for just $50 you can get an unlimited month of classes, as sweaty as you never thought you could be, some great punny jokes & a new studio you can't say away from.


If I, a person who hasn't worked out in forever, did THREE classes back to back after work on my last week here AND survived, you can go at least once & check it outtt.

Sorry I have no pictures of the place but I was toooo invested in my class I didn't have time to be snapping pictures of what I was doing.

till next time


xoxo

lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments