netflix, cheesecake & games

By lamrou - June 15, 2015

Waddup readers?  Today i'm writing my updates from the Porter airport lounge & about 25, 000 ft up in the air. I'm heading to the east coast to see family & have a nice relaxing vacay before I get into the crazy hustle of summer & working my many jobs. I am going to try to squeeze in a trip to Toronto before the summer is over, but I won't have time to have a big vacation. So it shall be a nice & fun 10 days out of Ontario. Hello Halifax, Nova Scotia.


Besides getting ready for my trip, I was up to quite a lot last week with work, friends, Netflix & adventures. Monday I met up with a friend, Tuesday I got sick in the evening & that continued on to Wednesday where I was dying so I laid in bed for some Netflix, Thursday I was feeling better so I went out for dinner at Kelsey's, Friday I worked all day, Saturday I went zip lining for work, out for dinner & board games for my friends' birthday. It was a busy filled week with packing to be done in between all that & work my 2 jobs, but I got through the week & my cold/sickness.

On Monday I went for sushi at my new favourite place, Tomo, to catch up with a friend of mine. We went for lunch & it was pretty dead which was perfect because we could sit in our little corner take pictures & our sweet time. We were feeling a bit hungry after walking around the Byward Market so we headed to Oh So Good for some cheesecake (we got three slices to share) & then found the Rideau Falls where we sat enjoying the view & eating our cakes. It was a good chill day.

Since i've got Netflix back I've made a list of movies I have to watch & it's a pretty good list so far with all kinds of movies. I watched Moneyball & Pretty Women last week. If you watch The Mindy Project, you probably have heard Mindy refer to Pretty Women multiple times, so I had to see what it was about & I had to say it was a good movie, Julia Roberts made me fall in love with her character Vivian.

Thursday I was feeling hungry & wanted to go enjoy the deal Kelsey's had going before it was too late so I called up a bunch of my friends & headed there for some $10 meals & half price wings. I got a buffalo chicken wrap with fries & it was pretty good.

Saturday was the longest day of my week but the best one by far. I made sure all my bags were packed, did some last minute laundry & errands before work. I got changed & headed out to the community centre that I work at to meet my kids & get everyone all loaded on the bus to go zip-lining. We went to Camp Fortune in Chelsea, Quebec were they had an aerial course with obstacles & zip-lines. A lot of the kids & all the staff including myself had never been but that just made it more fun & exciting. I'm glad to say we all survived the crazy obstacles & conquered some fears that we had. After that crazy day, I headed back home with the kids, made it home, showered, changed & met my friends' for a birthday dinner & outing. We had dinner at my favourite restaurant Milestones where I tried some new things (mmm virgin sangria) then headed to The Loft Lounge which I've been dying to go to. It's a pretty rad board game place that is always packed when we tried to go. We played Anomia, a game one of the people that work there showed us & LOVED it. I can't wait to go back & learn some new games to eventually win in ahaha.

My FAVOURITE TRACK of the week would have to be I Had A Dream by Kelly Clarkson. It has been on replay for days now. Her WHOLE new album is amazing & I have fallen in love with a bunch of songs, but last week it was all about I Had A Dream. My favourite part is when she says 'instead of useless stuff that blurs'. For the longest time I didn't know exactly what she was saying until I searched up the lyrics & sang along with it. Until then, I was making up words for it like I do with every song; just say what it sounds like & sometimes i'm close.

My OBSESSION of the week would have to be the book that I started & finished so quick. I was sooo sad to find out that there was no sequel to Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, but I look forward to reading more of her books. I absolutely fell in love with the book *insert many heart eyes emoticon* that I think that it deserves to be on the list of books I love (there technically isn't a list yet but I sure will make one). It's about a girl's first year into freshman year at a school away from home & separated from her twin. It's cute, relatable & just a good read, I definitely recommend you check it out & tell me what you think.

That's it for this week & next week I won't be an updates post since i'm going to enjoy my trip & when I get back home I'll be posting on big post all about Halifax & my adventures there.














xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments