Ottawa Gyms

By lamrou - October 02, 2018

Soooo I've been on this journey of exploring gyms in Ottawa & looking for what different types of workouts the city has to offer. So far I have been to Wheelhouse Cycle, Elevate Yoga, Spin Co, BodiesbyPhil, The Dailey Method and Iron North Studio (if you click on them it will take you to the post I wrote all about them).

Since I've started this journey, I have been finding so many other places I want to check out & try workouts I've never done before. When I used to go to Goodlife, I thought that it was good but it wasn't the type of gym for me. I love the local gyms where it's intimate, they know your name & recognize you when you come in. It's mostly group classes but the trainers walk around & make sure you're doing things properly and if your form is right; it's a whole ass community too which is amazing.

So far the places I've been to have been great & I loved my time spent there. I would definitely be back to check them out & I know that they would recognize me.

Other gyms I would like to check out in the next few months are:

* Epic Fitness & Lifestyle: I've beeeeeeeeeeeen watching their snaps & went to one class before but I was late & lost. Then I saw them at City of Om & got a free pass that I will use those on my friend since I need more than a class. Instead, I'll get a month membership because I need to know how it is after watching their insta stories EVERY DAY. So let's say maybe next month I am going there? Aka next week?



* Yogatown: is the next yoga studio I want to check out & apparently it's all hot yoga which I'm sooooo into cause I'm down to sweat out all my toxins & get back to my yogi status. They also have a 30-day challenge in November which is perfect cause I was trying to sign up because it's going to challenge me to make it out to the studio EVERY DAY to get in a class, no matter how tired I am from my jobs. Plus isn't this sign so cute? Maybe I'll try to do some cool pose in front of it when my month is over.


* Reform Health & Fitness: I saw some blogger put it on their story, started following them on instagram & it looks like a wild workout. I have no idea what pilates is but I'm down to learn & have fun trying a different type of workout where I will definitely die but hey, the journey will be fun. Also, I don't think we have that many pilates studios in Ottawa so it will be nice to explore this place & search for other pilates spots.


* Inside Out Studio Barre: after doing barre at TDM I'm down trying it again at a different location & this was a place I heard about before TDM but forgot about it. I'm ready to mission over & check it out & see how their barre classes are; if you think the workouts are too hard you are mistaken, my friend. It also just focuses on just barre compared to TDM that also has spin & yoga classes as well.


* UVU Fitness: is a new gym that opened up recently & after the first class I went to & died, I definitely wanna come back to do a month. I also have to say I LOVE the concept of the name because that literally is what it is in workouts U vs U. How you decide to push yourself & do your workout is your choice & you see the difference it makes when you push it all the way compared to days you half ass it. Of course, we know some days we feel like shit & still want to get some kind of workout in but I feel like the gym just makes you reflect. Kenny is great & I cannot wait to come back & spend a whole month at this gym. ALSO, they have a community wall that people can sign after working out there which I MUST REMEMBER to do.


* Free Form Fitness: they have this deal that has been going on for lifetimes & every time I am at the Starbucks on Bank & Third, I see it there. It's personal training, 8 sessions for $96, which is a pretty good deal I think but I don't really know much about personal training. It would be nice to be one on one with a trainer who is watching my form & how I do things & correcting me as well as making sure I finish my reps as a whole & not half ass (these are things you get away with in group classes when you get tired ahaha).


* OCR Academy: this gym looks like a good time & a chance to be a kid while also getting some fitness while running around a whole obstacle course. I know they also have a camp for children & a slot for them through the year so I know if they can do it, I should be able to at least survive one course, I hope.


* F45 Training: is another new gym opening up which is all about 45 minutes of functional training. It is soooooo close to home so that's always a benefit when looking for a gym. F is for functional & 45 is how many minutes the class is: F45. "It combines elements of HII, circuitraining & functional training with 2 personal trainers per class to correct form & there are heart rate monitors."


There are so many other studios or gyms in Ottawa that I feel like a lot of people don't know about. This makes it hard to try something if they don't know where it is or anything about it, so that is what I'm here for. I can create a whole post listing all of the ones in Ottawa & splithem up by categories. You guys just let me know down below if you're interested in that. I shall just keep adventuring around the city, see what's a great workout & how I feel abouthe studios I go to. 

The main thing I look for at each studio is the environment, starting from when you walk in, to when the class starts to when you leave because everyone wants to feel welcome & part of the community that's built. It's also good to see if there are showers available & all the necessities in the washroom (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bobby pins, hair elastics, cotton swabs, tampons/pads), if the lockers are big enough to hold my big ass gym bag with my life & if they come with the built-in locks or you have to bring your own, if towels are included in your membership fee & just finding out what else is included in a membership. 

Working out became a thing for me so I could work on my body after a fender bender. During that time my body was just in the worse chronic pain compared to the pain I was previously experiencing. Physio helped only a bit but once that was over I needed to find a gym to push myself further, to see what my limits were & what I could handle. So that's how I ended up at BBP & was so happy I did because it was a great way to get back into working out. If you're interested, just keep coming back to check out what my thoughts are on places I've been to. If there are places you wanto check out but are too nervous & overwhelmed to do so, I can check it out for you or maybe even join you athe gym where we can see how we feel about itogether. 

p.s. Ima try to buy some kinda merch from each studio whether it be a tank, leggings, sweater, bra top, grip socks- ima try to represent each place with what I like from there.



till the next workou
happy sweating




xoxo
lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments