eats, trips & books

By lamrou - June 09, 2015

Haaaay readers. I know I haven't been around for a while & honestly I've just been working a lot. I have realized if I can't post on Monday or Tuesday then there probably won't be a post for the week so I'm trying to keep a steady schedule & will hopefully be sticking to it. I'm working on drafting my posts ahead of time so they can be posted on Mondays. I will be getting there slowly but surely.

Last week, I finally got to check out Flapjack's Pancake Shack since they have finally opened up a storefront after just being a food truck business for a few years. We came by for breakfast at 1pm & it was pretty dead, which made it a good first visit. I got a breakfast poutine & my friend got a breakfast sandwich in a pancake with a side of home fries & berries. It was pretty bomb & I can't wait to go back & try something else. I didn't get up to too much else last week since I was feeling sick & just wanted to stay home & lay in bed.


If you've noticed on my Instagram page it says I'm a book nerd but I haven't really talked about books on here, but now is the perfect time to introduce you to that part of my life. I LOVE reading & for my OBESSEION of the week I think it would have to be the book that I just finished, Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. It took me sometime to get into the book because it's an iBook & I usually read books in my hand but once I got into the book, I would read it every chance I had. Once I finished it I ordered the next one from the library & can't wait for it to come in to continue seeing Ruby's journey. Since I'm done the book, I needed something else to read so I checked out some books that sounded interesting on blueeyedbiblio's instagram page & chose Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell & Deadline by Sandra Brown. I've started Fangirl & so far it's been good so I'll keep you updated when I finish it.


My FAVOURITE TRACK of the week has to be Loser by 3 Doors Down. It's an old song but I discovered it recently when I downloaded their Greatest Hits album to get the good throwbacks they had. My iPod decided to mix my Hoobstank & 3 Doors Down hits together for whatever reason but I didn't mind though because it was 32 great songs to be shuffled & played. It helped my learn old songs I didn't know by the artist & enjoy the ones I knew.


That's all for this week & since I've been away for a couple of weeks I'll post some pictures of what I've been up to the past bit. Next week I'm going to be in the east coast so I'm slowly starting to pack. I'm sooo excited & there definitely will be a post all about that trip so watch out for that post.












xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments