Exploring My Province: Toronto Round #2

By lamrou - July 21, 2015

Timing is everything & in this case it was perfect for me. Warped Tour was July 17th (the location closest to me), Eid was July 17th & July 17th was a Friday, I work on Fridays. Thank god for everything working out in my favour because since Friday was Eid, work was cancelled for the day & I wouldn't have to fast for make up a day of Ramadan because I went to Warped Tour & can't fast there. Since Eid was on weekend my mom decided to take a trip to give her uncle and his wife a last hurrah before we dropped them off in Toronto (where they are staying for a week before flying back home) which meant I got a free ride & place to crash for the weekend.

That all may sound confusing but my point is timing may or may not always go in your favour but don't ever take it for granted. If it doesn't work out one day, it's meant to work out another day. Timing is absolutely everything & beyond amazing when it works out in your favour.

We headed out Thursday evening after we were all done work & had our stuff all packed & made it to Toronto around 10pm & settled in for the night. Friday morning we were up early & headed out to Eid prayer to celebrate the end of Ramadan. Once the prayer was over, we headed home (as in where we were staying in Toronto) where I changed, bought a sweater from the Eaton Centre (it was pouring rain & I had just straightened my hair the night before) & got on a street car to head over to Warped Tour at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre. Warped Tour was amazing & I have reliving it; I can't wait for next year.

This time in Toronto we wanted to do things we didn't get to do before so we headed to Niagara Falls on Saturday. It was an hour & a half maybe drive but we made it there in 2 hours because of the traffic (everyone had the same idea as us). It was a pretty site but hot as hell; it was 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit). we didn't ride the the boat into the water so we couldn't cool down that way. We just kind of checked out the Falls, took some pictures & then headed back to Toronto. On the way to Niagara, Niagara Parkway we stopped by the big clock & where you could ride the trolley if you wanted to; the view was so pretty & the water so green. After that lovely view & a ton of pictures later, we headed back to Toronto where we went to check out the CN Tower.


The CN Tower was just a nice view but I would have rather done the Edge Walk, next time I'm in Toronto. Also I would have loved to seen the view from the SkyPod & go on a less busy day (if there even is such a thing). Our next & last day we had to make sure to do everything that we wanted to do before our next visit which may or may not be next month.


Some childhood friends of mine & I went our for brunch at a place I searched up that looked interesting called Starving Artist. It was basically everything waffles so perfect for people who love waffles; they had posters everywhere that said I love waffles everywhere. I got a waffle benny which basically is eggs benedict on mini waffles instead of english muffins. The blessed part of it all was that they had vegan waffles (i can't have dairy) which were bomb af; they tasted like banana bread. I also subbed my other waffle or a potato waffle mainly because I love having potatoes with my breakfast.


Spent the rest of Sunday just wandering around downtown Toronto; we bussed down to Queen St & checked some stores out, went to city hall where they had the big Toronto sign for the Pan Am Games, & back to Yonge & Dundas Square. We got a bit hungry after so we stopped for a quick sushi lunch & by that time my mom had called me to come get my stuff & pack the car up. It was a good weekend & we left back without my mom's uncle & his wife but they live elsewhere so that means another vacay to go visit them. We hit the road around 6pm & got in at 11pm. It was a long 5 hour drive that I did with no stops; I felt pretty accomplished.

Toronto is looking to be my second home & I know that I will probably be gong there more often now. I'll most definitely be hitting it up before the summer is over & more trips in the future because I may be moving out there after I finish school. Maybe though who knows I change my mind every so often. Toronto is a pretty cool city to live in.












xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments