Where Have I Been?

By lamrou - April 30, 2016

Well I wanted to do like a quick little recap of my time just chilling when I decided to take a break from blogging. I did quite a few things I believe; it's been quite a while so I need to look back to see what happened then. I celebrated my 22nd birthday, drove down to New York City, spent three weekends in a row in Toronto (it's starting to become my second home), went to Buffalo, saw a few concerts, am getting into my culture more, got a new MacBook & am going back to school.

Quite a few things happened but then again I was gone for 7 months. I missed blogging but was still Instagramming of course which is in a way sort of like blogging so I got to post all those adventures I went on over there (go check it out).

My birthday was a good day. It was in the middle of the week and I was feeling shitty but I didn't let that stop me (plus all my friends were down to go out so I couldn't flop). We went out to get some appetizers at Ace Mercado in the Market which were okay, I think I need to go back and see if that place can redeem itself. After that we lost one member and gained two so we headed over to the Loft and played a game and just hang out. Then since we were not ready to go home we headed over to Warehouse for some cheap munchies cause yeah I was still hungry and ended the night there. It was a great night full of food, laughs, good times and Polaroids. That weekend I had a work trip but on the Friday I met up with a different group of friends and we went out to the Works where we caught up and hung out. Gotta top it this year for the 23rd though.


Then November came around & one of my favourite bands, Hands Like Houses was playing in NYC & we had to go because they were gonna be playing some new stuff & it was a world tour & we just wanted to go so bad. It was a good mini escape from the city as well so we made the show into a trip & stayed for 4 days. Since no other girl had their licence I was the driver there & back and let me state here for the record, that was a crazy mission. We headed out of here at 12am after we got some A&W & made it to our hotel around like 8/9am. I legit just stopped twice all the way there, once to stretch and the second time to rest for a bit because I was starting to sleep on the road....oops. It was a great trip there and the weather was soo nice so I got to do things that I wasn't able to the first trip there. We hung out in Central Park, went on the Brooklyn Bridge, had rainbow bagels & saw our show of course. Driving there was nice & the views were too pretty & I got to drive on the New Jersey Turnpike which was cool cause I used to always read about it but now I know what to picture & what it's like. Driving their was insane though & I brought crazy driving habits from NYC but I don't mind because it's taught me a lot. When they say to get experience between your G2 to the time you can get your G I think they mean driving on the highway in your city but I chose to drive to Toronto, NYC, Niagara & Buffalo. I mean I guess I'm ready for my G.

   

Well let's just wrap it up because this recap is getting waaaay too long & plus I have new posts to share. New Years was fun and pretty basic; watched fireworks downtown and then slept over at my friends house where we stayed up watching Grease & eating pizza. I made some basic resolutions to accomplish for 2016. They are:


  1. Make an effort to look NOT like a bum when I leave my house. update my wardrobe, shoe collection and makeup pouch.
  2. Go on adventures & get out of my comfort zone.
  3. Become the best version of myself & look at the positive side of life
  4. Become more money conscious & develop some sort of savings account.
  5. Get fit & eat healthier.
  6. Spend more time getting to know myself; on the days I get my hair done I can go grab some food & dress up & treat myself if I want to 
So i've been kinda working on them but I am actually going to try harder to stay on them because these are like basic things I should be do in life anyways.

Then March came, the month where I spent 3 weekends in a row in Toronto. It was wild & I was exhausted as hell, I would work Monday - Thursday & then drive down & spend my whole weekend out and about in Toronto. Weekends are supposed to be time to chill & rest from the work week but I just kept going and going. I ended up having the last weekend of the month to rest & come back to life again. 

First weekend was Niagara Falls for my friend's birthday which was a really fun weekend full of laughs, adventures and good times (no good food though in my case at least. i tried a lot of shitty things). Then the next weekend was the concert I went to in Buffalo, NY; it was a co-headlining tour with Set it Off & Tonight Alive. Amazing show & I didn't know Tonight Alive before the show but I loved them there and am a dedicated fan who gets to see them again at Warped Tour woo! We spent the next day just hanging out in Toronto before heading back home & got to see Kensington Market which was pretty cool. Then the last weekend in Toronto I went with my mom & her friends for an Oromo concert. It was a short & quick trip but a fun time indeed. It's the weekend that got me wanting to know more about my culture & listen to more Oromo music & even want to learn how to dance the dances. It was a wild month but so worth it and so much fun.







That was March & April is now. I'm back and posts are going to be current from here on out. Next month I go back to school to finish my last semester of my program, Event Management, I go to Buffalo again for another concert as well as see a concert here in Ottawa (yes someone cool is coming here), Ottawa ComicCon is happening and I have a trip to Montréal that may or may not happen. So far May is looking fun and I'm sure the rest of summer will be too. So follow my blog and see what's to come.


xoxo,

lamrou 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments