thank you 2018, next 2019

By lamrou - December 30, 2018

Damn 2018 you have been a very interesting year of growth & lessons.

I saw this quote somewhere online that just wrapped up the past few years & it said:


I heavily relate to this & want to make 2019 my big come back especially after all the lessons I learned in 2018.


BLOG
2018 I wanna say was the best year for my blog because I had a pretty good plan & was posting pretty consistently besides the times I got crazy busy & didn't post as much as I would've but I wanna say I think I did prettty good considering I've had this blog for like 4 years & finally been more consistent. I also feel like there's a good amount of people who read my blog now & some posts get more love than others so it's been a whole learning lesson but it's also for myself too so I can reflect on my year & what I get up to as well as lessons I learn.

TRAVEL
travel wasn't that big for me this year because I started a new job where getting away was a lot harder as well as I was focusing more on work & saving which was good. I still made it out to Connecticut & New York in one trip & just went to LA a few weeks ago. I didn't write a blogpost for LA because so much went wrong & it was just a very stressful trip when it was supposed to be my escape from my stressful life & crazy work schedule. Regardless I went, learned a lot & know that it's a place a will definitely be back for a better trip. If you know me I always got a trip planned every year so next year shall hopefully be the beginning of a whole year of #noshittyvacays because I am over it; I want nice stories to tell people.




  

FITNESS
gym life was amazing this year; I explored sooo many new gyms as well as found even more places to try. I was playing the game of trying out a new studio every month on their intro deal because it was cheaper as well as to find a place I enjoyed. If you go to the top or the side of my blog there should be a fitness link with all my posts you can read about. I however haven't worked out in about 4 months because my schedules didn't align & then I got injured & am not allowed to do anything until I am healed ugh. there are sooo many places I still have to try that are different types of workouts as well so stay tuned for that next year.






FOOD
I got to try quite a few new places this year as well as make some foodies friends who enjoyed the life where you live to eat. I also found so many new places I am dying to eat at as well & will be giving myself a challenge every month so I can get out & try new things. One person who I am so grateful for is my friend Melissa from @mels.hangry.table who brought me into this foodie world when I met so many cool people, got to go to media events as well & learned so much about the foodie instagram world.


Some new restaurants/spots I checked out & fell in love with are:

* Mati

PERSONAL GROWT
One thing I'm really happy with is that I didn't let people stop me too much from doing things that I wanted to do & they didn't. I'm way too grown to be worried about what people think about how people look doing things by themselves & not doing the things I want. I have so many things that I want to experience & if everyone I know ain't interested that's their issue not mine cause I am still gonna be there with or without people. I got to go to a concert, yoga festival, & NYC solo dolo as well as attended quite a few exercise classes at many different places.

I also made friends with a new girl who I literally talk to everyday or it don't feel right as well as friends with my co workers from a job I started at the beginning of this year; they cool enough for me to hang out with them outside of work. I also have been surrounded all year around people who have big dreams & goals which motivates me to do better & want to reach my goals as well. It helps too when they are supportive & push me to do the things I doubt my capabilities on. I learned a lot about what healthy friendships & what they look like which made me reevaluate everyone I keep around myself; if they don't value you, care, check up on you, celebrate your wins with you they might not deserve majority of your time.

So thank you 2018 for teaching me all the lessons & becoming the wake up ear I needed to get my life in gear. this also happened to be my quarter mid life realization that my 20s are almost over & no more fucking around. I learned all the skills & habits I need to succeed in life so now I gotta apply them to my life next year. thank you to my readers & following my blog as it grows & brings you quality content. Next year I also hope to start a new series so look out for that & till next time.








happy new year




xoxo
lamrou


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments