New York City

By lamrou - February 22, 2015

Soo this past weekend I had the luxury of visiting New York City, the city that never sleeps & got to experience all it had to offer. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay pretty long since it was just a weekend trip but we still got to enjoy it to the fullest. This trip was a trip organized by Abyond Travel & we went with the representatives from Carleton. This week that had just ended, Feb 16 - Feb 20, was Reading Week (a break for college & university students which is also called Spring Break) so the trip was planned for the break.


I have dreamt to visit that city for soo many years & it is on my bucket list to live there for at least a year, so this trip was surreal for me & gave me a glimpse of what life in NYC would be like. I fell in love with that city in just 3 days & know that I belong there; I'm working on a way to get myself back there ASAP.

So what did we do? There was soo much we wanted to see & thank god Abyond had a schedule planned for whoever wanted to follow it. They were heading everywhere we wanted to check out so we just stuck with them & got to see it all. 

Day 1: 02.14.15
The first day started off early meeting up at Carleton University where we were picked up at 6am & headed on our way as soon as our bus was all packed. The ride was about 12 hours which was soo cray but we found ways to keep ourselves busy, dozing in and out of sleep, watching the movies that were playing & singing some throwback songs out loud from the back of the bus. Eventually though we made it to our hotel, the Holiday Inn on Wall St were we quickly changed & headed right back onto the bus to get dropped off at the Rockefeller Center. We got to see the beautiful New York skyline from the Observation Deck on the 67th & 69th (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) & got to witness some proposals happening since it was Valentine's Day. Eventually we headed out to meet our friends in Times Square where we had dinner at Planet Hollywood & shopped till 1am when we were tired & in need of proper sleep.

Day 2: 02.15.15
We got up at 8am & onto the bus to go explore some more of Manhattan today. We started off in Wall St., just down the street from our hotel & also checked out the Charging Bull Statue, George Washington Statue, Trinity Church, Pier 16, Canal St, 911 Memorial, SoHo, Apple Store by Central Park, FAO Schwartz, Toys R Us & ended the day off at a comedy show. This day was funny by far considering what we got up to. The pictures we took are just great memories to have, the one of us dropping the hottest mixtape on Wall St & the ones by the bull are just pure gold. We wandered around Wall St doing some sight seeing which wasn't too exciting, mostly because it was cold & because it was just buildings and history type of things to see. Leaving there we headed to Canal St where we bargained some deals & picked up some sweet souvenirs to take home. Popeye's was our stop for a quick lunch before heading over SoHo, the place I know I've made it once I can shop their freely with no worries. I went to Kate Spade Saturday & got a phone case & a ring, the whole store was 25% off which was awesome, headed into DASH & got something. I'm a Kardashian fan, judge me all you want, I've seen all the spinoffs & watch their shows so it was a big deal for me to be there. They had some alright stuff in the store but I just got a pair of Arthur George socks.

Day 3: 02.15.16
This day started off at 4am because it was one of the coldest days of winter which caused the water pipe in our hotel to burst. We heard water in the elevator & paraded down to the lobby to see what was going on but ended up heading back to our room. We were checking out at 8am so I packed up my stuff, got dressed & went back to bed. I just blasted music through my headphones to ignore the non stop alarm sound & knocked back out until we had to check out.

Once we loaded all our stuff onto the bus, we were dropped off at the big McDonald's on 42th street & headed down to Grand Central Station from there. We spent this day checking out places we wanted to see and getting some last minute things that we wanted before heading home. We stopped by Grand Central Station, the LOVE sign, I saw The Waldorf Astoria & insisted to have a picture taken by it (Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl, based in New York) & insisted to have Breakfast at Tiffany's, it was too damn cold to be eating anything out there so I got a tall Tiramisu Latte from Starbucks. Once I did my Breakfast at Tiffany's scene, I decided to go in & see what they had in there. As soon as I got to the floor of things I could afford, I decided I couldn't leave without getting something. I ended up leaving with a stunning necklace that I'm going to wear forever & cherish knowing that I got it from the original Tiffany & Co store on my first New York trip. It will be very sentimental to me. After we left there, we realized it was time to make it to back to the bus so we did a quick Walgreens run & then joined everyone on the bus to head back to Ottawa.

This trip I have to say was beyond amazing, the people apart of the trip were cool, the ones that organized the trip just made it worthwhile & it was just the best weekend. It was a great start to my travels of 2015 & the travel bug bit me so bad I'm preparing to buy tickets to my next adventure.

Below you can enjoy all the pictures from my trip that I took courtesy of my iPhone 5s.






















       

xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments