Connecticut 2018

By lamrou - September 17, 2018


East Coast America is slowly working its way to being one of my favourite areas, so much so that I'm thinking of checking out a different state and/or city every summer. Last summer I was in Maine & this time I made ito Connecticut. It all started when I was looking for a trip to go on that wasn'too far & I could do in 4/5 days. I was DYING to go back to NYC so I planned that & then planned to see my friend in CT because it was notoo far, plus I haven't seen her in a year since her wedding. 

It worked out so perfectly & even though CT was never a state on my list of the places I wanted to explore, I so glad my friend moved there and I gothe chance to visit. I was there for a day & a half so I barely goto see much but from what I saw I DEF wanna go back. I also noticed thathere was a huge lack of resources to find things to do there so itook about a month of searching EVERYWHERE to get some ideas of what I had to do in my shortime there. I, however, found the BEST blog who had me convinced to go there & made me fall in love before I even got on my flight: Bev Cooks. Check it out, she is amazing, so are her posts and I love the energy she exudes through them. This is also when I realized that bloggers are the bestravel guides to give you the bestips on where to go, whato eat & what is & isn't worth your time. So nextime you're looking for things to do in a country or city check out bloggers & if you don't know any, check on Pinterest or type blog after the city on google & you will find some good stuff.  So let's get into my post abouthis beautiful state.








So, early morning a
t like 6am I left Ottawa to fly 
to Philadelphia & then connected to New Haven from there; there are many airports in Connecticut it just depends on where you plan to go & what's easy for you to fly to. My friend lives in Milford so that was the best option for me buthere is also the big airport in Hartford. One thing I will say is that you need a car because it makes your life so much easier & everything is kinda far from each another. Also, you can drive from one city to the next within 15 min. Nextime, that's what I have to make sure I do because then I could see even more & on our own time. The first day I got in at around noon & after taking a Lyfto her house we just hung out, ate food & I took a nap because I was sooo tired. Then when her husband got back, we took his car got mani/pedis & just drove around with our Starbucks & eventually found a beach that we hung out at-- even though it was 9pm & dark as hell. It was a good time & the moon was blood red & so beautiful, I wish I had DSLR to get a picture that could do it justice.


The next day was our full day of adventure. So Bev talked a lot about Mystic & that was the best day trip we could do because everything else was further & we just wanted to do something chill. We got ready & took a Lyfto Union Station to grab the Amtrak from New Haven to Mystic. It was about an hour train ride & we were lucky to have made it because the train was 10 min late & we goto the station just as the train was supposed to leave. Amtrak is the best way to get around, with such a beautiful view & comfy seats plus wifi but it was trash on the way there & back.



When we gothere we just walked to wherever the downtown area was & just walked into different shops & took pictures like tourists everywhere. We found some beach chairs in the shade facing the marina & headed there to just hang out & cool down because that day was hot as shit, we were dying.







When we got hungry, we went on a hunt for food & ended up eating athe popular Mystic Pizza which was the inspiration for the movie, Mystic Pizza. We had never seen the movie but so happy we went cause their pizza was so good. We gothe Mediterranean pizza (artichoke hears, roasted red peppers, spinach, tomatoes, garlic & the regular tomato sauce) with half cheese. I totally recommend checking it out if you're ever there; they filmed the movie there & in the surrounding areas including Stonington which is pretty close to Mystic (a 10 min drive or an hour walk-- this is why you need a car).


After pizza, we walked around some more, checked out a record shop, got some iced drinks, bought our tickets to get back to New Haven & then found another marina to hang out at until our train came. There was no one around so we just walked down to the docks & hung out with the boats, taking pictures & polaroids until we melted & needed AC.


 


We then headed back to the train station where we got on our train & went back to New Haven & took a Lyft back to Milford. We literally changed & took a nice nap because we were tired & the heat had us dusted as well. After our well-deserved nap, we had some tacos & watched Mystic Pizza which was a chill old school movie that was cute & abouthe love life of 3 waitresses.

Then the next morning it was time for me to head outo NYC for a few days of a solo venture which was a greatime buthat will be another blog post. Connecticut was amazing & the nextime I come back, I have a list of things to do that I didn't geto do this time such as:



* Stonington town









& all that Bev mentioned in her post; she also made it down to Rhode Island which I wish we could've done but wasn't possible because I wasn'there long enough.



happy travelling




xoxo

lamrou








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments