09.15.16

By Unknown - June 15, 2016

Haaaayy, hope all is well with my peeps. School has been hectic trying to plan an event, keep up with school work and volunteer while trying to work my two jobs and attempting to have a good eventful summer. It's hard trying to manage it all but the more I stay actually using my agenda and Calendar on my phone and Macbook, the more its helping me know what's happening.

My coffee shop adventures have been put on pause for Ramadan but the last new place that I discovered was Bar Robo which is fairly new and just at the start of ChinaTown. Their staff are pretty chill and helpful and their drinks are pretty good. They have some good vibes and it's not too crowded which I love when I need to get work done so I've been liking it there. They apparently have food too but I haven't tried it yet and I doubt that its gonna replace Equator Coffee, nothing is at their level so far. This is a iced maple latte with almond milk from Bar Robo.


The week that just passed was a very eventful one, Ramadan 2016 has started, I saw PVRIS in Montreal, there was a sinkhole in downtown ottawa, I volunteered at DessertFest (I got some free desserts but didn't eat them & brought them for people) and my event for class is getting so close (almost a month away). The summer seems to go by so fast and I feel like I haven't done enough yet. However, Ramadan got us all tired and hungry so nothing can really be achieved in those moods so once that's over in the beginning of July, summer will begin and I can do all that I hope to this summer.




PVRIS show was pretty amazing and I was happy to finally see them considering I missed their performance at Warped Tour last year. Their openers were AMAZING. I was jamming along the whole time and tried to get their CDs after the show except one band was sold out of them but I got at least one of the bands cd and partially signed. The first opener was Polyenso and they were not like a type of band I've seen before so it was nice to see something different and so good. The next opener was another new favourite of mine and they were called Cruisr they were pretty upbeat and just an entertaining bunch. They had no more CDs but as long as I know their name I can find their music somehow. I haven't really listened to them to tell you my favs but soon time they might be one of my songs of the week.






My top things that I want to be able to do is some SUP (Stand up Paddling) and/or SUP Yoga, berry picking, at least one Calypso trip, see a Blue Jays game, check out Tobermory, have a beach day, eat brunch, eat lunch on a rooftop patio and have a big trip at the end of the summer.

My OBSESSION of the week would have to be banana popsicles. I got my mom to buy me a box a week or so ago and just have been having one a day for the past week. I can't eat ice cream so I got to find some good popsicles or sorbets that I can eat. I've thought about trying dairy free ice cream but I don't know how I will feel about it, maybe I will try them.

My FAVOURITE TRACK of the week was Dangerous Women by Ariana Grande. I heard it on one of the playlists that we play at one of my jobs and fell in love with it. It's such an empowering song and change from her other album. The whole album is pretty amazing and I haven't found a song that I don't like in it yet, Side to Side ft Nicki Minaj is also a good track.



xoxo


lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments