City of Om 2016

By Unknown - June 05, 2016

So this past weekend I got to check out the first ever yoga festival, City of Om which was a pretty great experience; I had won a free ticket just before Parliament Hill Yoga had started one day. I had planned to come and stay all day and do as many yoga classes I can do before I headed home but little did I know that I most likely would not been able to last in that sun.


This is how my day had gone:

  8:30 am: showed up and checked out the event
  9:30 am: took part of my first yoga class of the day
10:30 am: yoga class ended
11:00 am: checked out the different vendors
11:30 am: grabbed a drink from the Blended Berry food truck
12:00 pm: got home



I had wanted to do multiple yoga classes but after the first one I did with the hot sun beating down on me I had decided to take a break until the next indoor class but the wait in the sun was just too hot that I decided to call it quits for the day. The class I did, Hatha Flow with Lucy Castell was such a good and zen class. I usually am little bit distracted in my practices but this class I was so into my practice I forgot about everything else in the world. I hope to have more great practices as that one and this festival has urged me to sign up to a studio and dedicate my time to become a better yogi.

One studio that was a vendor at the festival was The Dailey Method and their classes seem very interesting; they are everything I want in my workouts & practices so I would like to go check them out. They do classes with a mix of pilates, yoga & barre. I have been wanting to try out barre & pilates classes so this is my chance to be able to do both & yoga all in one studio. They say their practices "help you achieve a strong, lean, sculpted body by combining ballet barre work, core conditioning & muscle strengthening through yoga, pilates & orthopaedic exercise" which is everything I want in my workouts and more. So I shall keep you guys updated when I do check them out.

Hopefully they make this a annual event that gets better and better every year because I enjoyed it but know that it could be better. In the Event Management program they told us once we learned all these things about how events should be run and what not we will never look at any event we attend the same anymore, oh how right they are. Throughout the 3 hours I was there I saw things that logistically could have been done different but it is their first year and you gotta make the mistakes to learn from them.

One thing I enjoyed about going to this festival alone was that I didn't have to check up on someone mid practice to make sure they were alive or doing fine, all I had to do was focus on me (it's not that people ask me to check on them but if I know you don't do yoga I just will check on you). It also gets me out there and checking out booths and conversing with vendors that I probably wouldn't do with other people.
this was a pretty good vegan snack Caven Nutrition Group was handing out





xoxo

lamrou 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments