Winter Wears

By lamrou - December 12, 2016

Winter has finally arrived and I think it's here to stay because it hasn't rained away yet. Winter here means cold weather & warmer clothes which means it's time to go shopping. I absolutely dislike shopping hence the reason I spend all my money eating instead of on clothing to keep me warm but I've been inspired lately to find nice & warm winter clothing.


I usually find my inspo via bloggers I follow like The August Diaries & SS Life & Style (they live in Toronto so their outfits are realistic for this Ontario weather) as well as Pinterest (this is my clothing board). They say you never know who your gonna meet when you leave your house so look good at all times; I believe that is a possibility but realistically some days we will be looking like we just crawled out of bed to run quick errands like some groceries or to get gas so future Prince Charming, look away if you see me looking like a hot mess. My 2016 new year resolution was to make more of an effort to dress decently & i've been mostly sticking to it but come next year i'll be putting it more into effect.

I've been buying things here & there & piece by piece that are totally winter friendly and things that are meant for any season but winter. A few weeks ago I went out & showed my mom the winter gear I got myself, slip on Vans & pyjama shorts. She looked at me & laughed like good luck in the snow you clearly think winter is a joke. I have been really wanting some slip on Vans & I knew winter was coming but sometimes when you want something really bad you will get them no matter what but i'll take the L on that because it was definitely not the timing for it AND they are half a size to small *face palm*.

My best purchase would definitely have to be my blanket scarf that I live in; it's multi-purpose & can be transformed into a blanket when one is in need (i've done it before & it kept me warm). I have shaped up a bit now that the snow is here, I bought winter boots and ripped jeans (haven't shaped up completely). Slowly but surely I'm expanding my closet to have some comfy & fashionable pieces for winter.

The pieces I have been enjoying the most & I keep buying are bodysuits. Bodysuits are easy pieces to throw on with a pair of nice jeans & scarf/sweater/cardigan/flannel if your always cold like I am or just with whatever bottoms. I currently have 6 that I just want to be wearing all the time because they can be dressed up or down depending on what you feeling. The three are below are some of the ones I have; I have the red one but in a royal blue colour.



I was debating between Sorel & Timberland boots but decided on the Sorel's because winter's in Ottawa are no joke & sometimes warmth is more important than style. The Tims I seen were nice as well but those can wait a bit longer.


I also got myself a nice pleather skirt & red flannel from Vero Moda. The red flannel has been my best friend since I bought it, its long & I just wear it everyday over whatever shirt I'm wearing. The pleather skirt I still need to find a place & way to wear it but I know it's going to look good.

My wants to survive the rest of this winter are:
  • a comfy, not itchy knit sweater
  • long cardigans
  • flat almost knee high boots
  • leggings, leggings, leggings (crucially bottoms for lazy days & winter)
  • few NOT ripped jeans so my knees can be warm
I need to go on a hunt for some good things but these are the main things I really want. I keep telling myself I'm going to Toronto I'll just shop there but every time I'm in Toronto I'm just so busy & so much to do in so little time that i barely get to do any shopping. So I shall start roaming the mall every time I'm done work because I'm in the mall already and browse somethings I like so I can buy it on payday if I still really want it. 

 till next time

xoxo

lamrou


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments