Summer '18 / August Reflection

By lamrou - September 16, 2018



Summer is basically over even though there have been a few warm days, it's gotten pretty chilly pretty fast and it's all kinds of fall & sweater weather. I love it cause the transitional seasons are the best like fall & spring but only when they got the best of both weathers going on. I keep thinking that summer went by pretty quick & I didn't do much but when I look back I realize I did quite a few things & I was so happy I planned my US trip for the end because it was like a whole wrap up of summer; one last trip & adventure. One big thing I learned this summer was that a lot of the things I'd like to do doesn't really happen unless I choose a day & actually make it a plan & not an idea that's never exerted. So a lot more planning certain things for days & putting it into work instead of just wishing it happens.


PB Crunch Açai Bowl from Raw Pulp & Grind


I decided to do my summer overall & August reflection into one post so I didn't repeat things. One of my big things was to just be in water as much as possible & have chill park hang days which happened but no as much as I would've liked them to. Nevertheless I still got to do a little bit, go on a trip & attend different events while exercising & working.



Summer as a whole was amazing because I got to....

* go to a Yoga festival 
* get back into reading books & discovered so many new authors
* discovered a bunch of new restaurants
* went to the Lolë White Tour
* fell in love with Oatmeal & Salads (a whole blog post about both places will be made when I've eaten enough to rave even more about them)
* went to quite a few free yoga classes around the city (I made a bunch of cool time-lapses of my practice)
* went to Bluesfest & the last Vans Warped Tour
* made some cool foodie friends that are down for food adventures





* went to the Asian Night Market
                       * went to a Flower Nite
                * finally got to try açai bowls which i'm in love with
 * checked out two spin studios (Wheelhouse & Spin Co)
       * went to the East Coast (Connecticut & New York City)



It was a good months of some hot sun & good times (when I refer to the summer it's from June - August).


As for August, I got to check out some new spots that were cool but I would like to go back & try more things, did a tour of the Governor General's house & hung out in the lawn after (the place is huge af), finished reading Crazy Rich Asians but still need to see the movie, got to go to Yoga on the Field & come back later to watch the Red Blacks football game, discovered some new music, & travelled down to Connecticut to see my friend & then explore New York City solo dolo. It was a good time & I feel like I've been learning a lot about myself the past few months & I learned even more while I was solo in NYC now I just need to apply what I'm learning to my life.





Image result for father august 08
My music obsessions in August were:

* Tone Stith - Can We Talk album
* August 08 - Father album
* Ella Mai - Trip
* Hands Like Houses - Overthinking  
* Daughtry - As You Are
*Teyana Taylor - Rose in Harlem
* State Champs -Mine is Gold
*Christina Aguilera - Twice






I stopped doing monthly reading lists because I haven't been able to get through all the books I plan for the month & sometimes I'm not in the mood to read certain books so I'll want to read something else. So I decided that I'll just update you with what I did read in my reflections as well as what I'm still reading. So for August I ended up reading:

James Patterson Bookshots - Kill of Be Killed which was amazing a whole story shortened into about 70 pages; there were four stories in the bookshot but it was written in a way where it's a full story with the setting set, the hook to drag you in & the ending to wrap it all up. Now I'm on the hunt for another one of his bookshots because I loved reading multiple stories just in one book.

The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney is what I'm currently reading & I picked that up from a used bookstore for about $7 & saw it at Chapters for about $24 which is crazy considering it's a new book & my quality was great. It's about a dysfunctional family who have lived their life but planned for the future in the hopes that the Nest (sum of money their dad saved for them all to get split evenly on the youngest one's 40th) but things have changed. the story goes back & forth between a bunch of their characters point of view so it get's a little confusing but it's interesting & captivating because you want to know what's going to happen to all of them & how they figure their shit out.



till next time





xoxo

lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments