Ottawa Sushi

By lamrou - February 13, 2017

I like to consider myself a sushi connoisseur, well one in training at least so when it comes to people asking me where the good sushi spots in Ottawa are, ask me why I stutter or can't come up with anything that isn't Tomo & is "all you can eat?" Well that's probably because Ottawa's sushi game is not as bomb as people may think it is. I have been to quite a few places & just haven't left absolutely ecstatic about an "all you can eat" yet, so I think it's time to embark on a sushi adventure throughout Ottawa finding where the bomb spots are hidden!




So far I have been to these places:

Tomo - à la carte aka pay for what you eat
Ten Sushi -  all you can eat
Bai Du all you can eat with Korean BBQ as well
Banc Sushi all you can eat
Hokkaido Sushi all you can eat
Kiko Sushi Barà la carte aka pay for what you eat
Sushi Kan (Merivale & Innes) all you can eat


The places I want to try out are:

Sushi Umi -  all you can eat
Kinki Lounge Kitchenà la carte aka pay for what you eat
Soul Stone Sushià la carte aka pay for what you eat & my friend claims the closest she has had to actually Japan sushi
1000 Islands Sushi -  all you can eat
Hockey Sushi -  all you can eat
New Generation Sushià la carte aka pay for what you eat
Wasabi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Barà la carte aka pay for what you eat

So I'm going to be on a sushi adventure which you can follow on my Instagram with the #sushiventure & we will see what we stumble upon from the places I want to try & the ones that I might end up at. Some of the ones I've been to I'll give a second chance to make sure I don't really like it & it wasn't a one time fluke. Sushi is what I live for & because I live in Ottawa & not by no coast where the sushi is probably bomb AF like Vancouver, I gotta settle for what's here & find the best ones we have.


So follow along & see what's good and trust me when I say this but stop eating at Ten, Banc, Sushi Kan & 168 Sushi on Merivale because those are the worst ones & THERE ARE better options than those. If you're wondering what makes a sushi spot good & worth your time & energy, order the basics that should be universally good such as edamame which should always be warm & salty, sweet & sour or general chicken which should be softy & not too chewy. If at least those two aren't good then you know their sushi isn't as good as it could be. 


When you try good sushi, you become too good for the lesser options & stay away from them. I used to eat Bento & Loblaws sushi until someone dragged me out to an all you can eat where my eyes then opened & I saw what I was missing out on. Let me know what's your all time favourite sushi spot in Ottawa; mines would currently have to be Tomo by far (order their kiss, tomo & spider roll & you'll understand; eat those cute tomatoes that's for decor too).

P.S. I'll be going to Soul Stone in a few weeks so there will be a post all about how good it actually is.




til next time

xoxo

lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments