sun, food & drives

By lamrou - May 05, 2015

Soooo I know it's been a while since I've done an update post considering that I said I would do one every week, but I've been super busy. I just quit one of my three jobs so I will have more time to blog & sleep which is much needed. I've been spending my extra free time eating, as per usual, making use of my licences & getting the car as much as possible & enjoying the sun that has finally blessed Ottawa.

When I go out to eat & there is a Milestones in sight, I always consider if I should go there instead of wherever else I have planned to go. Most times when I say nah I wanna try something new, I cry & realized I wasted money on food that was a disappointment when I know I could have gone to Milestones & been happy there. Milestones is by far one of my favourite restaurants. It never disappoints & I'm always happy with whatever I get from there. The staff are pretty awesome there which makes it a place worth coming back to. My must check out menu items are: The Chopped Salad, Mango Chilli Shrimp, Milestones Trio, Butternut Squash Ravioli & the Milestones California Spring Salad. There is still a lot more I have to try but these are my favs.

If your watching Grey's Anatomy, I'm sure you know the drama that's been going on. I have put my 8 or more shows on hold to start Grey's form season 1 episode 1 to spend 3 months catching up to tv & have the show start going downhill? I'm so mad & don't know how much longer Shonda is gonna continue the show for. i honestly think that she should wrap things up & end this season. I don't wanna quite say whats happening to ruin the show for people who haven't seen it yet, I hate spoilers but if your not caught up I would say to get on that ASAP. There is no show though, I believe, without the two together. Now I have caught up to that show, I have to catch up to 4 other shows right now & there are so many episodes to watch; the 100, the Flash, 2 Broke Girls & Gotham.

I have been driving all day as many days as I can get the car from my mom & enjoying it. Having my licenses feels soo nice & I am hoping to get a car soon. I like driving to places I'm entirely not comfortable driving too because it teaches me to deal with the situation at the present time. I am also realizing I know my way around town pretty well & have a good sense of direction. Now let me get my own car so I can take road trips & go where I would like without having to depend on other people to take me there.

This weekend & last week there has been PoutineFest around town, by Ottawa U & at city hall. Food trucks from all parts of Ottawa come out to serve their different types of poutines. I just realized that poutine is only a Canadian thing, so let me explain what it is. Poutine is French fries with gravy and cheese curds melted on top. It is a favourite of many Canadians & served as a whole or as a side with meals such as burgers & sandwiches. I was debating between the Pad Thai poutine & deep fried pickles poutine but got the latter because I wasn't feeling as adventurous. They had other flavours as well such as lobster, jerk chicken, mac & cheese & many more.

My FAVOURITE TRACK of the week is definitely Jason Derulo's rather new single Want You To Want Me which I actually heard as a cover first. The cover was by Andie Case & was amazing; I think is better than the original. It's been on replay for days, both the original & the cover.

My OBSESSION right now is probably just the song I've had on replay ^ & this bomb restaurant I checked out when I ended up on the other side of town trying to find a quarry. We stumbled upon it & it was totes worth it; a greek restaurant called Pinelopi's Greek Kitchen.

That's all for now & of course I have pictures to show you what I've been up to. Btw the sun has been out & shinning aka summer is almost here (not really but this spring is pretty hot). It's still been gloomy spring weather though, the sun ain't here all day yet.












xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments