Kingston

By lamrou - July 24, 2017

Kingston was an absolute adventure & I can't believe I've never gone before when it's just an hour & a half drive away. I decided that enough was enough & it was time to go discover this HUGE province of Ontario that I live in. My goal would be to one day discover a least a good chunk of Canada but that starts with the province I live in.

The drive there was pretty chill except a stop to fill up a flat tire which some wonderful citizen yelled out her window to let me know about it, bless her soul I had no idea. That drive there however made me realize I need an abundance of playlist as well as one that's a minimum of 4 hours because I need to music to not stop & to please my soul of all kinds of genres I want to jam to; sing alongs, scream alongs, mellow vibes, & so much more.

The first thing we noticed as we drove into Kingston is how small the city is because you know we are used to these huge buildings & just a big city living in Ottawa & basically living in Toronto. Then we saw the Tragically Hip Way street & died laughing. Canada out here representing the big names we have & Kingston had to let everyone know they from their city; it was pretty cool that they are a street in their hometown.

First stop on our adventure in the small town was to get some food cause we was starving even though we got a little something from Starbucks before we left Ottawa, we needed real food. We were trying to get brunch but the wait was too long so we wandered until we found some place the looked good & stumbled upon a cute little italian restaurant called Olivea. I kinda regret not getting actual food but for some reason I just wasn't hungry anymore. I did however get a side of fries with this amazing aioli; I just wish I could remember what kind it was cause it was blessed. I also shared the grilled squid with spicy red sauce & aioli which was pretty good. My sister got the Penne Pomodoro & added chicken was good. Once we all ate we were ready too go explore downtown of the city.







Just across from the restaurant was the Springer Market Square where people were selling all kinds of things such as vintage cameras, records, old movies, maps of different countries & continents; a lot of vintage stuff, it was pretty cool to see.


Just down the street by the waterfront there was a crowd of people, so we went to see what was going on; it was a busker performance. I feel like we see them as soon as its warm in ottawa so it was nothing new to see so we kinda just headed down to the waterfront.





We made out own coins with a dollar or so the machine wanted you to believe it. You pay a dollar, choose a design & it stamps it on what you see below I don't know what kind of material that is. It's a cool souvenir & you get to crank the machine to feel like you stamping it so that's cool. 


Of course I had to take picture with the Kingston sign too because did I even come here if I wasn't the I in Kingston? I was trying to be a lowercase I with the dot ahahah


Then we went on the Ferry to Wolfe Island.


Where there wasn't much to see.


So we headed back & went to this cute cat cafe where we kinda woke up all the cats to play with us.


After I pretty adventurous day, I realized that its was yet to be over because my tire that was flat on the way there ended up having a hole in its & that meant that I had to change the wheel to the spare in the back & drive home with that. It usually is a 1.5/2 hour drive home but it took us 4 hours because you can't drive more than 80 km/h on the highway which mind you is 100km/h. Its was a long and tense drive home because I was scared of anything else going wrong but we made it home thank god & was I ever grateful that I knew how to change a tire & where everything I needed was. So if you have no idea about anything car related I would urge you to know the basics because you never know what situation you will find yourself in & money you could be dropping to get things fixed for you. That was my adventurous day in Kingston & if I hadn't had car trouble I probably would have explored more but the great thing is that it's not that far away so I can go back whenever which might be sometime before the summer is over. Stay tuned.



till next time


xoxo

lamrou




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments