Elevate Yoga

By lamrou - December 20, 2017

After attempting to go  to Elevate Yoga about 3-4 times a week with my unlimited summer pass; that was 2 months of unlimited yoga, I hate to say I failed & didn't make as much use of the pass like I could've. However though, I definitely will be coming back to go for a whole month and make use of an unlimited pass. It's so hard to commit to exercise when it's a mission to get there, I had to pause my pass when I went on vacation & was preoccupied for a bit to go back. Let's not make excuses though & use this as a lesson.

I still did get something out of Elevate. First off, for whatever reason, I was able to make it to quite a few Monday evening classes. I think something in me was like you HAVE to go to those classes because those were one of the few Hot classes during the week that I could make out to. I would feel so amazing after that hot, sweaty class because all those toxins in your body come out in the sweat & then you’re soo refreshed after a shower. My first hot yoga class I came without a towel or change of clothes because I had no idea what kinda hot class it was going to be; I felt so disgusting going home but I learned that I had to come with things to take a shower & change since there is a place to do so.

Their change rooms are HELLA small & cramped, but you make it work shifting around one another. Best tip would be to come about 15 min early to get changed & ready for your class since it gets pretty busy 5 min before a class starts. Once classes are over you should also wait a bit to go start up your shower because everyone else is coming out of the class at the same time as you & it's packed in that small space. Even though it's small in their, it is stocked with all you need from tampons/pads to hair ties & bobby pins, a blow dryer & even more.

Yoga is such a peaceful & calm form of exercise because you get to clear your mind & forget about everything for the hour you are there & be present in your practice. I usually feel so at ease & a lot calmer after my class & just leave all that negative energy behind. I might try to practice at home with my Smart TV or download an app on my phone or MacBook.

Just a little ps would be too try to book classes in advance to make sure you have a spoespecially in morning or busy evening classes. the best & easiest way to do so would be downloading the MINDBODY app & search up Elevate Yoga & you can find all the classes for today & the week & the next few weeks. You can use it for other studios as well & it's sweet because you can purchase passes on their as well.

Happy exercising & let me know if you've been to elevate & what you thought of it as well as places in Ottawa to workout at down in the comments.




till next time


xoxo



lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments