Good Food

By lamrou - February 10, 2018

I have wished we had something like Blue Apron especially when it was popping all over social media last year or 2016; sometime then. Anyways as I was watching all my insta stories as I always do & saw a friend's snap talking about Good Food & she had a discount code for it. So best believe I did some research to find out more & discovered that it's the Canadian version of Blue Apron. I said send me that promo cause I would love to try it. the next day I think I went through the site, made an account & ordered my first weekly order.

I ordered the box on Thursday & got my order for the week on Monday. I got home from work around noon & it was there; they however dropped into it infront of my house & someone in my house brought it in.  That's kinda risky & annoying if your box gets damaged or taken but they give you a credit for your next order if that's the case.  My order came with 2 servings of 3 recipes with all the ingredients shipped in a box with insulated liners & ice packs for things that need stay cold. The ingredients per recipe were all divided into 3 bags & cold items such as the beef & salmon I had was put underneath all the other stuff with ice packs to keep cold.


I made this recipe the same day I got the order. I was hungry af when I go home from a workout so I was so excited to eat some good food. I eat a good amount of ramen noodles especially on my super lazy days so I was already about this recipe. the ramen noodles were like fresh noodles too, like i'm talking dusted in flour fresh. I would most definitely make this again if I can find where there I can get fresh noodles because it makes ramen so much better; gotta take a trip to Chinatown. this recipe was super easy to make. You just cook the noodles & vegetables together and then sear the salmon with the seasoning on the side then add them together. I feel like if I had less broth & added mushed avocado with lemon on top of the salmon, it would be so good. Oh & the black salt is such sodium filled goodness; it's literally salt that's black. 





Fresh pasta is literally the only type of pasta we need in life BUT you gotta make sure you do it right. It took me so long to make & I almost ruined it but made it work in the end by almost burning my fingers. So it tells you to boil it for like a few minutes & that's it so then you mix it with the sauce. So after I drained it, I tried to split the pieces but the were stuck & the pasta wasn't fully cooked. I just put it in the sauce & started peeling apart the noddles & washing my hands with cold water in between to keep my fingers from not burning loool. Eventually they were all peeled & I put a lid on the sauce with the pasta & after a few minutes it was good & cooked. my only thing with this recipe was the seasoning was not enough for me because usually when my mom makes pasta sauce it’s so seasoned & bomb but this seasoning was just basic so I'd say add more from your pantry. Also I had to cook the beef the day I got it because I didn't want to refreeze it & if I left it bacteria would've grown so I should cooked this recipe first but cooking the beef was another option & less work when making this recipe. Oh yes I also didn't make the parmesan crisps because yo girl is dairy free & this was most definitely not vegan parm.







the final & last recipe of the week was a lentil stew. I am not a lentil fan at all, there is only one way I like lentils & it needs to be served with white rice for me to eat it. Regardless I still made & tried this recipe because maybe another recipe could sway my opinions. the recipe was not bad at all but not as amazing as the other two which I scarfed down. I made a side salad to have something else to eat on the side because it comes with a spinach & currant salad but that was waaay too boring for me. I ate it all but didn't eat it again, I think my fams ain't the rest of it. Cooking with coconut milk is kinda weird because it's all chunky on top & liquidy on the bottom so you have to make sure you mix it up.




So that was my week of Good Food. the recipes were more than 2 servings worth which was amazing because I could eat it for more than once; 2 or 3 servings at least. It was pretty bomb & I think I shall order it again next time the recipes sound amazing & something adventurous I want to try. If you guys want to try it out, I have a code for you to get $40 off of your first box & see if it is something you want to order again. So click on this link here & get eating some healthy food that's also so easy to make :)

rating: 7/10
#lamproved



till next time


xoxo



lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments