Daughtry

By lamrou - April 20, 2018

How do I even start this post? This has been 11 years in the coming; I’ve been listening to them since high school & missed seeing them soo many times over the years so I’m glad this finally was possible. Just imagine getting cheap tickets ($32), making it to the venue early to make sure you're in the front right by the barricade and just standing there & watching your all time favourite band playing in front of you, it’s surreal as fuckI was in awe like is this real life am I finally seeing them & in the front row like what? I was mid tears majority of the set; tears of happiness of course. 




So the show was in Niagara Falls the American side, on a Tuesday; it was a mission but I could not be stopped. I worked Tuesday morning, drove down to the show, slept in an Airbnb in Hamilton that evening, hung out in Toronto on Wednesday & then drove back home to be at work for Thursday. Hella tired after all that but for my favs I could not miss this chance especially when they are usually far in the states that would need a flight to make it out to. 

Sinclair opened up for them & they were pretty amazing; colour coordinated shirts, making beats with their mouths like beat boxing & shit. They had some jammin songs too I need to listen to again. They were a different opener than Daughtry’s sound but an amazing trio, so cool to see them getting out there like that. 




Daughtry’s set up was amazing with all the lights & how the band is all in front except the drummer whose hidden. Lemme show you how I mean; look behind the guys to see the big cubes that were lit up throughout the show:




The whole show I was struggling with enjoying the moment for what it was & taking pictures & videos to rewatch so I don’t have as many pictures as I would’ve liked but I got some good ones. 






All the songs they played I knew basically all the words to except the two new ones they did & the mini covers. I was jamming to them all. I’d take some pictures & vids and then I’d put my phone away and just sing along. I think Chris saw me once & smiled but majority of the time Josh would notice me singing & sing along or smile at me. Then when Chris was going to the ends of each side of the stage & everyone had their hands like they wanted him to touch their hands. When he came to my side I was just staring at him like your in front of me right now AND THEN he reaches out for my hand which I instantly give to him & he’s holding my hand & singing then comes to high five and hold other people's hands near me. I was like shiittt & of course my phone was in my pocket but fuck it I don’t need the proof. He even came back again asked for my hand and held it as he jumped from the stage to the platform in front of me & everyone flocked to my section. I got this picture thou ahaha




Daughtry sound amazing live & his hearing that raspy voice that makes him different live was amazing. All I’m thinking is I’m not listening to a CD or iTunes, this is real life them standing in front of me singing. It was amazing. The new songs they played were apart of their new album coming out within the next few months & new album means another tour. Next time they go on tour ima make sure I get my vip in advance and not wait too long again because after seeing them now I need to see meet them & just tell them what their music is to me. Now every time I listen to their songs I just picture them live cause I can say I’ve seen them now. 




Now that I’ve seen my top 2 & experiences an amazing concert from Daughtry & Linkin Park (my other #1), who am I gonna make my next priority? It has to be someone I jam to like crazy & would die to see them live. I have no idea but shall do some music listening & see. 

Who are people you would die to see in concert or amazing concerts you’ve seen? Lemme know in the comments. 

till next time


xoxo


lamrou


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments