June Reading List

By lamrou - June 30, 2018

Another month means a whole new stack of books to go through; I blasted through my stack for may except one book because I wasn’t interested in it & another that I was reading bits & pieces of it every now & then. 

My new stack this month was a lot of different books that are not my usual mystery/thriller, even though those ones are amazing, I just wanted to try something new. 

In the beginning of this month I read a legal thriller & fell in love & got two more books by him. It was literally the most captivating & detailed book without being too much & boring. Thanks to my co worker for lending me the book I’ve now discovered John Grisham, an author I’m in love with & probably going to read all his books. 

I’m trying to read a lot of memoirs & self help type of books for some motivation to being productive in life & chasing all my hopes & dreams in this world because the last one I read was pretty amazing & has me tryina accomplish being things in life. 

So my books for this month were:




Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi - an AMAZING book all about slavery, generations that went through it & how it started in Africa & came to America & all the things you might not have known. Cause I thought I knew the basics of slavery but I didn’t & a lot of things make sense to me know including how these older generations be acting about certain things. 

Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert - this books was written pretty interestingly & took me a bout 2 months to read it (I would read a few pages every now & then) but I still found it pretty inspiring. I found a few people didn’t but I see why they could have felt that one but I feel a lot of what she says & there are these amazing little tips she has at doing little things to make t to your big goals as well as some things you need to realize in life. I think I’d go back to the certain pages that made me believe I myself & wanna do more & probably leave sticky notes on the pages; I feel like it’s a book to use throughout life & reference back to it whenever. 


The Rainmaker by John Grisham - this is the lawyer book that I fell in love with & now I wanna find an interesting case & watch it from start to end. The way it’s written is filled with details & setting the scenery & developing characters but not too much that the book gets boring but just enough that gets you visualizing the story. I think it’s a pretty aspiring story especially for students who think what the hell so I do now but I don’t know what else to say other than it’s a must read book. 

The Runaway Jury By John Grisham - after   reading the rainmaker I had to check out some more  & this is another one my coworker lent me. In the beginning it took me a bit to get through the first few chapters because I was half reading it at work & was not really in reading moods but when I got over the hump & started the book I was into it until the end.

Kill or Be Killed Bookshots by James Patterson - so James has these bookshots which are basically 3 stories in one book. James never dissapoints & everything I've read by him is amazing so any Patterson book will have you on an adventure.


I wanted to read a lot more books but even these were a lot for me because I’ve just been busy & it’s harder to not get distracted while reading especially reading at work. I’m gonna try to put aside some reading time during the week for next month so I can get through my books better. 

I also have been checking out used book stores so I may add them into this haul or into next month’s. Once I check out a good amount of used book stores I’ll do reviews on each of them & give them ratings by whatever my criteria is. My library has been growing & I’m loving it but now I need to find space to put all of it. 

This month I forgot & wasn’t able to pre-post about my books for the month but was wondering if I should do them before & then recap them in my mo they reflections or just post them at the end of the month with little recaps? Let me know. 









happy reading


 xoxo



lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments