City of Om

By lamrou - June 10, 2018

So it’s been about a week since City of Om (lowkey been waiting for them to post their pictures before I posted this post but I’ll add them in later). This was the third year of the festival; I missed it last year but made it the first year, check out that post here




From the first year to this year they have grown so big to have many new & different sponsors & vendors. They also are bringing all kinds of studios; yoga, fitness, barre, etc for all the attendees to discover local spots they might not have known about & most of them give out free class passes which is amazing. I ended up getting the VIP Yogi pass which was a bit more than the regular pass & got you pre registration for certain classes & a picture with the photographer. 

The day started at 8am & finished at 7pm but I definitely was not there for it all cause that’s wild. I had work so I showed up around 11am & stayed until about 4pm. I didn’t get to go to as many classes I wanted because a lot of them overlapped & the cool black light classes were all full but I still got to attend 2 classes & visited almost every booth. 

cute little jams from Yoga Attic 

My first class was Goddess Yoga at 12pm at the great lawn & can I say I don’t think anyone could have taught that class better than Michelle. I left hella liberated after that class. She had us doing some crazy sounds & being all loose & feeling comfortable with whatever we are doing and not worried about people but just doing what’s right for us and our bodies. I think I’ll be going to another Goddess Yoga class after that. 

My next class was #bodiesbyphil at 1:30 at the great lawn as well. I’ve done his classes before but it’s beeeeeen a while since & the way I died AND there wasn’t even any weights (my legs were dead for like 3 days later). I came for yoga & got a helluva workout instead which I wasn’t mad about. 

got my friend a free pass so she can check it out

After those classes thou I just went on a hunt for food & checked out the booths. I wasn’t really feeling anything at the booths so I looked for like a snack & got a chia pudding. Lemme tell you it was weird as hell and I ate half only because they had fruit on top but I’m not cancelling them out maybe I’ll try it again & see how I feel. I think I ended up going home to eat something. 

I was gonna check out a 5pm class but after heading to The Movement’s booth where they were doing some manual therapy & active release therapy treatments (the line was long but it was definetly worth it, it was kinda of like physio but so much more adjusted & pain relief.  After visiting their booth I decided it was time to go home I was already hella tired & couldn't wait till the 5pm class. 

Overall it was great & I can’t wait to get back into yoga so I can do all these advanced poses & be able to call myself a true yogi. I also ended up signing up for the Lolë White Tour when I saw the girls from Lolë at their tent & they told me there was only a few tickets left (I got a ticket for $23 with a mat & goodies, what a steal). I’m excited for it cause it looks amazing with everyone in all white on yellow mats. To more yoga & being zen. 




till next year City of Om


namaste



lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments