One Republic Show

By lamrou - May 03, 2015

April 21st, I saw One Republic at the Canadian Tire Centre (CTC) which was a frustrating & amazing show. However, showed me that concerts are amazing no matter where you seat, if the artist knows how to put on a show & One Republic, knew how to put on a show.

I would like to start off with saying that Ryan Tedder has an AMAZING voice. Dang can he sing & not only hit but also hold those high notes. The show was beyond amazing with Lights opening. I'm sad that I couldn't see Lights up close then I would have liked to see her because my seat was pretty far back, but I still jammed along with her. I ended up moving closer though, because I came up to take pictures & the usher let me stay since no one was in that spot. I upgraded from A40 to B15, which was so much better & closer to the mini stage. Success. I hated the whole seated pit set up but I guess it had to be because of the age group that 1R attracts; middle age, younger & elderly audience with a splash of teens.

This concert made me fall in love with the Native album & One Republic waaay more than I had before. They just knew how to get people up & singing with them. They started the show with Light it Up & ended it with If I Lose Myself. They sang about 17 songs, some where from the three albums & there was 2 or 3 covers done. I don't remember the covers but I know he did Sam Smith's Stay with Me so beautifully; his voice is so amazing it gives me chills. The songs I already loved listening to, I loved even more hearing it live & just got crazy with the crowd & I got to hear some old songs that I forgot about to fall back into love with them. At one point through the concert, Ryan ran off the big stage all the way into the 100 seats still singing & in the midst of the crowd taking pictures with the fans. He did his best to get as close as he could to the fans which I think was amazing since he made an effort to give many fans a great experience & show. He even ran down one of the aisles & grabbed a fans phone to record the crowd & himself.

The ending I think was like I don't know, magical? Do you know that feeling where your just happy & excited & so much is going on & you don't know how to react so you have this big goofy smile on your face? Well that's how I felt at the end. The show was ending, the last song was crazy, & on top of all that there was confetti flying out from everywhere.

I just don't know how else to explain this concert & how One Republic puts on a show, you just have to see them live *insert heart eyes emoji here*

You can check out the snaps I took below at the show. Till the next concert...in 3 days!!


















xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments