Halifax

By lamrou - August 25, 2015

Oh Halifax, Halifax. It's been two months since I've been back from my trip & I still haven't posted about my adventure. I lost some good pictures the day I got back home & then they came back through a week or couple days later & then I was lazy for a good week to post anything on my blog & then I don't know what happened.

The East Coast was a new & different adventure; sometimes it's nice to see the way that other people in Canada are living & to realize especially that the different provinces are unlike one another. I came out just thinking it was going to be a cute town by the water but it was much more than that. It was a bed & breakfast type of town with all the commercial areas & neighbourhoods merged together unlike other places where they are separated from one another.

The popular hang out spot for them was the Waterfront Boardwalk. It was a long boardwalk with restaurants, souvenir shops, food shacks & playgrounds. They have this big wave sculpture that people like to run up & slide off of or just hang out under; it's pretty cool & fun to play on for all ages.

Ramadan started 3 days after I was there so that meant my eating adventures would have to be put on pause & I would have to find other things that I could do to still enjoy my time there. One day I wanted to get out so I just explored my aunt's neighbourhood & just ended up on a little journey. There are two main bridges that go over to Dartmouth & I ended up walking the one furthest from downtown, got a sweet polaroid & then walked down the opposite way past the other bridge & made it to downtown Halifax. It was quite a walk but didn't seem that far when I was walking it, it was kind of a nice stroll. I saw some nice views but I felt like my iPhone could do it no justice, reason #1 why I need a DSLR. 

I unfortunately ended up cutting my trip short & taking an alternative route home which was sooo long but I got to enjoy the scenery & the adventure. I left early Sunday morning from Halifax, Nova Scotia & headed over to Moncton, New Brunswick; it was a 4 hour bus ride. Then I got a ride from Moncton all the way back home to Ottawa, a 16 hr journey; that includes the time we stopped for pit stops.

So sorry for the late delay on this post but enjoy my lovely pictures & I hope to go back one day & exploring all of the east coast in one trip, New Brunswick, Halifax, PEI & Newfoundland.
















xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments