Ottawa Food What's Good?

By Unknown - September 18, 2016

I've been trying to check out new places as much as I can because I have been wanting to come up with a list of 5 top places to eat in Ottawa that is a priced decently and is a place where everyone can find something good off the menu. It's a really hard mission when I don't get to try as many new things I want and don't go out for certain meals such as brunch, aka the best meal to go out for. My list goes on for days and things keep getting added to it; sometimes i'll even go out somewhere new to find out it wasn't even on my list.

Salmon Poke Bowl from Bento Sushi 


So far the places I have been loving that I frequenting at would have to be:

Nothing really. I've been wherever the crowd takes me or wherever is close at the time. I am usually at El Furniture Warehouse because their food is $4.95 per plate and their food is pretty good, Chang My Bowl yuuum.


My top 10 must go to restaurants would have to be:

Common Eatery - so Instagram worthy and they have cute little dishes of some crazy combinations that I would love to try. An example would be bison sliders with blueberry BBQ sauce, goat cheese, pickled onions & side of toke (whatever that may be)

Whalesbone Oyster House - they bring fresh seafood from Vancouver & have opened another restaurant with waaay more options including meat but I just want to try it all, seafood is my favourite protein

Soul Stone Sushi - i've had someone tell me that it tastes the closest to sushi in Japan, and she went to Japan & had sushi there so I need to check that ASAP because I LOVE SUSHI

Pressed - if you are a lover of waffles, they make their Eggs Benedict on waffles (insert heart eyes emoji here)

Sidedoor - apparently they have some bomb tacos & donuts as well as their menu is a little iffy for me because it has some things that I want to try but i'm scared I won't like it so I need to take that risk

Luxe - i've been before, but like 5 years ago & don't really remember how it was so I need to come try it again because its a cute fancy place with good food

Crazy Horse - they have a mechanical bull on Wednesdays, what else do I need to say?

Fiazza Fresh Fried - they have dairy free cheese & arugula options to make your own pizza and that's all that i need in life; cheese pizza that won't kill me sounds amazing

Industria Brasserie - at the new & improved Lansdowne along with many other restaurants but their interior design is gorgeous as well as they have great deals throughout the week

Belmont - literally so close to my home and looks bomb but I just need to check it out one random evening with some buddy because it would better with a couple buddies instead of a group of people because it's a fairly small restaurant

A lot of these have been on my list all year and maybe longer than that so I need to finally take that leap and broaden my horizons. Everyone seems to think I know all the great places to eat at but I don't know enough; sometimes i'll recommend places I want to try to see how they feel about it before I check it out.

Follow along on my Instagram & I will try to go to them all before the end of this year. I need to give myself time to find time to go check them out and get some food shots of the food so I can show you guys.


till next time

xoxo


lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments