Summer Festivals & Concerts

By lamrou - May 10, 2017

There has been a notification on my phone from Bandsintown about a concert that's happening nearby or emails about festivals that are happening soon with lineups and I am getting hella overwhelmed because I want to go to every single one of them. But I decided that I need to take a BIG step back & re-evaluate who I MUST see & who I can live without seeing. I am slowly going broke over these impromptu ticket purchases & missioning out to see these shows that are sometimes a couple hours away.

So I have decided that I'm going to be seeing The Weeeknd & Linkin Park as well as attending the Vans Warped Tour & Osheaga. I'm absolutely amped for these shows, but sad I had to cut a lot out (Kehlani, Nickelback, Daughtry, James Arthur & probably others). I'm not too sad though because I know I'll have another chance to see them again especially Daughtry, who has a new album coming out as soon as it's finished which is hopefully late this year.

The Weeknd I got tickets too a while back so that's a definite, plus we have floor seats so that will be an amazing show. I wanted to see him bad on his last tour but waited too long to get tickets. That will be later this month & best believe there will be a whole post about it because I know it's gonna be an amazing show.

Linkin Park was I think the best concert I have ever been too back in 2014 & I've waited 3 years to see them again so I can't wait to see how they make it even better this year. They have a new album which is a lot different than what they are used to, but sounds pretty good from the singles I've heard so far. So, we shall see how the album is when it's released May 19; it's called One More Light.


Vans Warped Tour, if you've seen my posts about it before, you'll know it's the one music festival I go to every summer without a doubt in a new pair of Vans heading out to a new city close by. It's literally the only tradition I have so I cannot flop on that this year because I need to go see my HLH & OLN homies which I discovered through Warped Tour. Plus, this year I actually don't need new Vans but will still get them & am excited to chose out a new pair.

Osheaga Festival Musique et Arts is like a mini Coachella (from what I've seen of the pictures on their website; they got a ferris wheel & vendor booths like H&M) in Montreal and I've wanted to go for so long. I've made this summer the time to make it happen; we have our own festival in Ottawa called Bluesfest but our lineup is never as good as theirs. My goal is to try to volunteer so I don't have to pay to be there (I know smart thinking ;) ) but if I can't make that happen, I'm just getting tickets for Saturday & Sunday. I'm super excited to mission out to this festival & can't wait for August to come, to see if it's all I thought and more.

Music is one of the three things I need in life to die happy so if I'm not talking about some song, listening to music, or asking for new music, something must be wrong with me and you need to get help asap ahaha.

Speaking of new music, DVSN, my love & best person I have ever discovered dropped a new song & I've had it on replay since I found out. I can't wait for another album & tour but until then you can enjoy some mellowness with this song:




till next time



xoxo

lamrou


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments