Starboy: Legend of the Fall Tour

By lamrou - May 31, 2017

The Weeknd concert took place this past Sunday in Ottawa & it has most definitely made my top 5 concerts; Linkin Park is another one that's up in there too. The show was wild & an absolute dance party. I ended up going to the show with 4 other friends, 2 of which are my concert buddies and then ones I haven't ever gone to a show with. We bought our tickets in November & have been excited ever since especially because we had floor seats. It was nice to just drive down to the concert & not have to pull a mission to another city to see the show, even though I wouldn't have minded a Toronto show where Drake showed up both nights.





We had some pretty good floor seats to the right of the end of the extended stage, but we figured we'd get closer & find a better view. As soon as the light went out for 6lack to start we ended up just walking straight up to the barricade at the main stage in the front to watch him perform. However, near the end of the show security came & were making everyone move away from the barricade & back to their seats. During each opener when the lights went down, we would move up as close as we could get to the stage without security hounding us. It's hilarious having security find us & sending us to our seats; they were literally hunting us when the lights went down. Best believe they gave up thou when The Weeknd came on because no one was going to stay seated in their seats especially when the stage was right next to us.

6lack was the first opener & he was beyond amazing; I've been sleeping on him. I was told about him before but I was just too lazy to listen to him but I was definitely regretting it in that moment. He's voice is just so calming with his mellow, feel good vibe songs. I downloaded his album & latest single when I got home that night, now I just need to listen to them.


Belly came on next & his jacket was looking bomb. I totally didn't prepare for this show & remembered one of his songs that was all over the radio a few months or so ago. He put on a great show & I wish I knew more of his song to jam a long to.


Rae Sremmurd was the last opener & the one that played the longest (about an hour). I was excited for him because my friend has one of his CDs that we have listened to in her car one too many times so I knew a lot of the words to quite a few of his songs. He got us pumped up & excited for The Weeknd during his set which was an absolute turn up. I think my favourite songs by him would have to be:



Then, the final & main act we've been waiting for, Abel Tesfaye aka The Weeknd blessed our souls with an amazing entrance. He rose from the ground with smoke around him & the piece above him was going up & down with lights. It was an entrance indeed! If you've never seen him live, you definitely need to go see him because that voice you hear is better live; he hit some pretty high notes perfectly. He played songs from his new album, last album and a few oldies from before he blew up. His show was absolutely amazing & he brought out each and every one of his openers to do a song with him as well as invited Nav as a special guest. The concert was just a good time of vibing that I had to just put my phone away so I could just enjoy the show in the moment.

It was an amazing show & I'm soooo happy I got to see him because I was hella mad when I missed him last year or whenever he went on tour for Beauty Behind the Madness, the album I was obsessed with! Check out the pictures I took at the show when we forced getting as close as possible.






The next show I bought a ticket for is Linkin Park in August which I'm absolutely excited for & to see how it measures up to the last time I saw them.

till next time


xoxo

lamrou


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments