Chill Food Spots

By lamrou - June 19, 2017

You know when you're hungry and wanna go out & get yourself some quick good food that'll fill you up while being decently priced & you can sit there and eat or take it to go? That's literally the type of food I search for on a daily basis when I'm out & hungry as can be. If you didn't know where to find that kinda food, I am here to tell you where to find the best ones in Ottawa.


Corazon De Maiz: located in the Byward Market is the cutest mom & pop typa shop with the nicest employees who are chill as can be, making your food for you. I usually get a burrito which comes in small or large, depends how hungry you may be & oh guac is included so need I say more? Wait. I do. They have spice bottles on the side that you can add into your food; garlic jalapeño & chipotle are my absolute favourite ones. BOMB AF. I'm not a spicy food eater but those are worth the burn.


Check em out at: 55 Byward Market Square, they are located towards York Street




Chips & Dairy: located on Bank St towards Gloucester area, you will find this little house/shack. It's the most unexpected food joint you'll find because they sell fries, ice cream, poutine, burgers, milkshakes & surprise, Chinese food. I usually get me the special combo plate that comes with chicken fried rice, egg roll (I switch it for a spring roll), a drink & your choice of two sides. With my combo I get me a side of fries as well because I gotta get something from each menu; their fries aren't
 my fav (I add salt when I get home) but, I wonder if poutine would be good if I got it with those fries & salty gravy & cheese. Totally worth trying & my craving every other day when I'm starving at home. 


Check em out at: 2920 Bank Street, they are located in he Gloucester area right before the Giant Tiger




Sushi Go: located in the Byward Market next to Wine Rack & on Albert St right at Kent Station is my fav sushi spot for a quick bite of good sushi.  I have been going here for a few years & haven't been disappointed yet, some sushis are not my fav, some locations don't make things like I want it & some times the pre made sushis in the fridge aren't as good as the ones you can order and get made. I've had quite a bit of different things from the menu & am trying to eat everything they have to offer. Usually when I go I get myself two different types of sushi, or some general tao chicken that comes with white rice or some sushi & spring rolls. The sushi that I love from there is: Kamikaze, Fantasisa & Samourai. My favourite location is the one in the Byward Market.


Check em out at: 48 Byward Market, it's right next to the Farmer's Market that goes on during the summer.






Pili Pili Grilled Chicken: located far down on Dalhousie right before St. Andrew St is this African grilled bbq chicken place. I went here once with a friend & I loved her so much for showing me this spot. I had to go back & try it again to see if it was first time tastebuds that took over & made me believe it was bomb or if was actually bomb. 

So I went back to see how it really is because usually the first time you go somewhere you are unbiased because it's your first time, also when you're hungry your mind doesn't care how things taste because you're hungry. So my second opinion of the place is different because I wasn't starving like I was the last time. I got the 1/4 breast platter which comes with rice, salad & plantains. The plantain was bomb the first time & still bomb now. The chicken was medium last time so my mouth was on fire & I barely had any. This time I got no spice & I just wasn't feeling it. I am, however, very picky about my chicken & my rice. My mom makes some pretty bomb rice so I usually don't enjoy it much from a lot of places


Check em out at: 205 Dalhousie St, it's past the Bridgehead Coffee Shop & right before you get to Das Lokal.






Ariana Kabob House: located in the Alta Vista Plaza is this Afghan spot that someone told me about. I got to check it out & I'm glad I did because their food is banging & it's so close to my house; I can walk there or UberEats their food whenever I'm craving. Their plates are served with a side salad, sauce for the rice (qorma), naan, a spicy sauce as well as rice & the meat you choose. I usually get the Chicken Breast Kabab or the Tikka Kabab (beef) which have been amazing every time. I feel like I need to ask for extra sauce for the rice because you get a lot more rice than you do sauce & don't want to be eating rice without sauce cause it can get pretty dry. I have tried their mantu & it is amazing. It is steamed dumplings filled with seasoned onions & beef and topped with some yogurt & yellow split peas. It's best as a side with your food or even an appetizer.


Check em out at: 2677 Alta Vista Dr right in the corner next to the Independent Grocer at the plaza





What are your favourite chill food spots in Ottawa? Let me know so I can go try them.

till next time




xoxo

lamrou




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments