Green Papaya Thai Restaurant

By lamrou - June 14, 2017

If you are over Thai Express & looking for some authentic amazing Thai food that you can probably never get sick of, Green Papaya is the place for you. The décor of the restaurant is beautiful from when you walk inside to when you get to the washroom. It's beautifully designed & gives you major Thai vibes, at leaset I would like to think so but I wouldn't know since I've never been to Thailand.

The first time I went was with a friend for lunch & got the combination platter because I was hella indecisive and hungry & all you know it comes with is white rice & spring rolls, the stir fry & curry and whatever the special of the day is. The curry ended up being red pepper & chicken and the stir fry was a shrimp one. Everything was absolutely amazing, the shrimp stir fry was better than the curry and I need to get it again for sure.




The next time I went I got the Khao Op Sapparod which is Thai fried rice with shrimp, egg, cashew nut & pineapple. I got that when I was there a few days ago because I've been thinking about it & it was the perfect filling dish to satisfy me after fasting all day; it was just as amazing as the first time I had it.




They serve Shrimp Chips as an complimentary appetizer for dinner with peanut sauce which is such a fun appetizer because the chips come in different colours such as pink, baby blue & a light green. 

Green Papaya is definitely a restaurant that makes my top 10 because the service is amazing & their food is exceptional. I used to be obsessed with Thai Express & eat it so much I would get sick of it & stay away for months. Now I don't need to because I can come to Green Papaya & have some great Thai food from a restaurant that takes time making their dishes making it taste so good that you close your eyes and savour your every bite. I've only been to the location on Preston but they have another one on Baseline as well as they have a food truck that I've seen at PoutineFest. 

Check em out & tell me what you think.


till next time


xoxo

lamrou






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments