RBC Bluesfest 2018

By lamrou - July 15, 2018

RBC Bluesfest is a festival that takes place every summer for 10 days at Lebreton Flats. There is a lot of different people who perform with three stages with about 4 shows per stage (varies every night), it’s pretty busy every night. I don’t really go to this festival every year because I’m usually busy or no one I’m dying to see come; I went once in 2013 to see Marianas Trench & this year for Lauv & Shawn Mendes. 


Jenna Nation was one of the openers & beyond amazing. She was apparently a local talent too. the crowd was not ready for her thou & couldn't fully appreciate her but I was vibing so hard; I need to listen to her & see if she's as good produced as she was live. Must check her out though.



Lauv I saw back in February & the post for it is here. He was even more amazing this time with such a lively energy & the crowd knew a lot more songs then I thought they would. My friends & I wore our shirts too so he could see us supporting him & jamming to a lot more songs then the rest of the crowd was. My shirt was also a long sleeve & I was dying cause it was hot af but totally worth it because Lauv I'm sure appreciated it; I literally took off my shirt as soon as he was done.


Chromeo was the last performance we saw before Shawn Mendes. I had no idea who they were until they played Jealous (I Ain't With It) then I knew I heard them before; the song is a total bop & I need to listen to more of there stuff. I absolutely loved their stage set up that was all chrome & fit there name. Also learned they were from Montreal hey Canadian performers. 



Shawn Mendes. Where do I even start? He was like that radio artist that I actually liked and wanted to hear more of his stuff; over the three albums he has evolved so much and I wonder where he will head next. His voice is just amazing & what he can do with it damn (listen to ). So seeing him live after jamming to him so much was just surreal as hell. I was trying to take in the moment instead of trying to catch every moment; I took pictures & made sure I got a few good ones but some songs I just sang along and just watched him perform. 

His performance was amazing. He is just a happy go lucky kid singing his songs with a big ass smile in his face; he’s actually a cutie. Also I didn’t realize until that day that he’s actually turning 20 next month I thought he was about 21 or 22 but he’s still a teen loool. 









I wish I got to go to more bluesfest days but I'm happy I got to see who I wanted to see out of everyone who performed. Did you go to Bluesfest this year? Who did you see? Who do you want to see next year I know I want to see a lot more bigger names.



till next time


xoxo


lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments