Wheelhouse Cycle

By lamrou - July 30, 2018


You know those workouts where you are on the brink of giving up & crying while simultaneously trying not to throw up & pass out are the best workouts. 

I somehow push through & finish the class then dance in the I shower like I didn't almost die.



I have been debating to do cycle for so long but was hesitant cause I heard it was hard but I also didn't think I'd die as much as I could in a HIIt class. I was wrong first of all. I tried cycle once & didn't feel anything cause I wasn't doing it right & then I tried it at the Dailey Method. I did it right & DIED. So I said fuck it let's just sign up for cycle & just see what it's all about.

I ended up signing up to Wheelhouse Cycle which is one that I said I wanted to go to earlier this year or end of last in a blog post about getting fit. So I got a friend to sign up with me & we did the unlimited 2 week deal for $50. With that $50, cycle shoes & a sweat towel is included & they have showers available with hair dryers, straighteners, hair elastics, q-tips & tampons to fulfill all your needs. Which was a nice intro to cycle & see how we feel about it & how many classes we can handle within that time frame. Most of our classes we just wento the Bank St location & made it outo the original location in Wellington once & it's so nice & pretty big; iaccommodates about 33 while centertown holds about 26 riders. the front desk staff are super nice as soon as you walk in & are willing to help you with whatever you need whether it be asking for something theat may have finished in the washroom, giving you your shoes & towels, helping you set up your bike or answering any cycle questions for you.

So let me start off by saying that cycle is no joke & if your looking to getting a good workout, you definitely will my friend. So there are two different type of cycle classes, that I've been to at least. there is the ones that go by rpm which is what I did at tdm & then to the beat of the music which is how it was at Wheelhouse. Each class is about 45 min with some stretching done at the end. I wanna say it's about 6 songs but I'm guessing; I forget every thing that happened & run to the shower once the class is over ahaha. I made the mistake of coming to one class without my shower stuff & felt so nasty; you sweat like you've never sweat in your life before.

My first class was with Laura Moran & damn was it a wild class and a perfect way to get into cycle; I goto do one more class with her & I can confirm that she knows how to give a wild cycle class where no matter how tired you feel, you don't wanto give up. She is a wild instructor who has you ready to bawl your eyes out & go through all those feelings & emotions I said athe beginning. She was our fav instructor because she had me sweating like I've never sweated in in my life before, literally buckets of sweat dropping. All the teachers are amazing & if it's your first class they help you set up your bike, check up on you to see if your okay, make sure you spinning quick, check on you athe end of class to see how you felt and how it was, as well as give you a shoutout in class for surviving your first cycle ahaha.


Cycle is a crazy but great workouthat has your whole body engaged & there is even some weights involved; for a song you goweights in your hand and you are going to the beat of the song working on your arms (weight are between 2-5lbs so not bad butiring to keep them up for so long). think I wanna check out Spin Co as my next spin studio but still deciding when because I got some other places to check out first.


Location: there is two locations Welly West & Centretown. 
Welly West is located on Bank St with Gladstone the closesintersection 
455 Bank St Unit 2, Ottawa, ON K2P 1Y9

Centretown is located on Wellington with the closest street, Caroline Ave & intersection is Holland Ave. 1279 Wellington St W, Ottawa, ON K1Y 3A8

Fav teacher: Laura Moran

Getting there: parking is pretty limited especially when it's busy; there is street parking or you can take the 6 or 7 either way & they stop right there or across the street; you get off at Bank & Gladstone, it's right in between the Starbucks & the Shoppers Drug Mart








happy sweating


xoxo


lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments