July Reflection

By lamrou - August 10, 2018

July has been a low key month with not much going on & me all up in my feelings. Canada Day was also dreadfully hot & I started to not feel sooo good so I didn't do much; took my sister for a sushi lunch & went home. I was also out the day before for a friend's birthday.



It's funny because now that I am looking back on my pictures of the past month I did more than I thought I did even though it feels like I didn't do much. Lemme just listen to what I did this month:


* found a bomb new salad spot, Lollo that I am obsessed with
* checked out Wheelhouse Cycle where I almost died during the 2 weeks I was there but survived
* saw Shawn Mendes & Lauv at Bluesfest
* finally goto check out Morrisburg Quarry
* wento Oat Couture for a media tasting & now everytime I think of going out for breakfasthat's all I think about; I hate oatmeal buthat place has converted me into being an oatmeal lover #breakfastgoals
*went out to Calypso Waterpark; I didn't get a season pass like I wanted to but I made at least one appearance
* finally tried Soca Kitchen & feel in love
* wento a foodiemeet at Moe's BBQ which is one of the few good spots in the south end of Ottawa
* wento the final Warped tour which was bittersweet
* goto check outhe Ottawa Asian Night Market




My reading list went to shit because I wasn't really in a reading mood & was too busy to read so I only made it through one and a half books. I had a stack of 6 books I planned to read but it took me a whole month to just get through the one that I was reading; Crazy Rich Asians.


Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan: this was a recommendation by the girl who worked at Chapters & I'm sooo glad I picked this up because I heard it was hilarious & then later found out it's apart of a trilogy as well as it's being made into a film that comes out in August. It was a book that I had to take my time reading & reread pages because there were some words in Malay (Malaysian language) as well as some explanations of words & sayings. I ended up getting through ithis which is good because the movie comes out in August & I awanted to be able to be done so I can compare them which I can now.




Now here we've arrived in the last month of summer so I'm tryina enjoy it to the fullest & have it be a fulfilling summer full of laughs, polaroids, food & good times. Some good music & new stuff would be great too because all of last month all I was listening to was a whole lot of :

t-shirt song: Don Broco was ON REPEAT literally obsessed with that song
* basically all of Shawn Mendes self titled album

Snaps of July:

  









till next time


xoxo


lamrou

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments