September Reflection

By lamrou - October 29, 2018

I swear every year when Sept comes around I feel like I need to make sure my plans in life are set because it’s back to school season & everyone else is preparing to get their life back in order & in a routine. It’s like the reflecting month of the year just like Jan is.

I’ve been reflecting a lot this month & deciding what I want in life & one thing I know for sure is that I want to go back to school one more time, to add on to the schooling I have & push me into my career. I just need to figure out how & when I wanna do that now.

Until I figure out what ima do with school I’ve decided to live my life to the fullest while trying to save money at the same time. I’m reaching that quarter life crisis in my life & this is the best time as any to get my finances & budgets in order. I’m queen of "spend all the money but don’t think too far ahead", which was whatever but I need to start thinking further ahead & start laying down saving plans so I can be set no matter what. The end of this month we had a tornado in Ottawa & that was the biggest wake up calm in humbling myself. It made me realize what’s most important to me and made me reflect on how I would function if I lost everything. Thank god I was blessed & my area was barely touched; we lost power for 19 hours & areas close by had been blown out. Some people weren’t fortunate & lost their homes completely, had MAJOR damages to their houses and cars. These times make you evaluate how prepared you are for anything because you never know when shit can hit the fan. So time to get my shit in order or as the saying goes, my ducks in a row.

This month has been all over the place from coming back from my trip & just getting back into everything; I literally was nonstop all month. Sept consisted of:

* My friend's birthday
* Getting to experience a yoga retreat
* Friend dates
* Finally watching Crazy Rich Asians


 


I have been so shit with reading this month. I sill haven’t finished reading The Nest & haven’t started anything else because I’ve literally been so busy that if I’m not working or am out somewhere,  I’m trying to get some sleep in. Another thing I’ve neglected was working out but it’s a new month & I’ve actually signed up to a new spot so I’m excited to get back into it. The gym is kinda far so my bus rides there will be my time to get back into my books.

I’ve been listening to a shit ton of new music for this month & been continuing to make my way down my chill vibin' playlist. Also let’s talk about how I got Spotify back again so I can explore more music & get good recommendations when I make playlists. Some things I’m in love with that y’all need to get on is:



The best part of starting another season & next quarter of the year is that it makes you reflect on the year so far. In my reflection I see that I have grown & learned quite a few things about myself  & what I need more of & need to get rid of.

Here are some snaps of the month:









till next time


xoxo
lamrou


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments