Jack Astor's

By lamrou - January 09, 2017

Eating is one of my favourite pastimes so I enjoy find easy restaurants that I can go check out for an occasion and get dressed up, a place to get a chill meal or a places to grab some appetizers. Jack Astor's came to Ottawa not too long ago & it was a place we all had to check out and see if it was better than anything we already had here in Ottawa.


It basically is a mix of Milestones and a sports bar. It's a pretty chill place & it's nice because the staff all can help you with what you need if your server is nowhere to be found which usually tends to happen when you actually need something.

I've been there quite a few times & the last time I went there I realized that it's more of an appetizer spot for me at least. I feel like I'm not asking for much when it comes to restaurants and yes I've tried enough dishes to come up with this conclusion but I usually don't really like the food that I get & wish I had just got multiple apps and/or gone somewhere else.


From everything that I've tried, i've LOVED the stacked poutine which I can't have anymore and the board nachos (the shrimp & chicken ones are my absolute fav but shrimp doesn't exist anymore because it apparently wasn't popular enough). I was on a hunt for a chill spot with good food that I can always find something great on the menu to have or keep having things that I like & always have like a backup restaurant but Jack Astor's just wasn't that for me. If you have been and/or know something amazing that I need to try from there, let me know and maybe i'll go back and check it out.






The food in order that they are posted: chicken board nachos, sweet potato fries with spicy mayo, guacamole with chips, miso sesame tuna bowl, garlic herb shrimp pasta, chicken tacos, asiago chicken bow-ties. Oh and they are amazing because they have paper on the table so you can draw while waiting for your server and/or your food. We always get right into drawing and have no idea what we want to eat when the server comes so choose your food & then draw until your food shows up.

till next time

xoxo

lamrou


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments